Religion: Week of Aug. 2
At Bethany Lutheran Church, Bethel Park, summer worship services will be at 11:15 a.m. Sundays, through Sept. 3. For more information, call 412-835-9221.
At the Bible Chapel, McMurray, registration is open for Moms Together. Each meeting includes a light meal, presentation and small group support in a fun atmosphere of authentic community, personal growth, practical help, and spiritual hope. Visit bible chapel.org for campus locations, meeting times and registration.
• Registration for Upward Flag Football is underway. The program is designed to introduce young athletes to the game with a Christian focus. Practices start Aug. 7. Games begin Aug. 26, with the final game Oct. 14. Register at biblechapel.org/events.
• Fitness classes for women include: Women’s Flexibility and Strength Training, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays, through Aug. 21; Women’s Cardio and Strength Fusion, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. or 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, through Aug. 24; Women’s Cardio and Strength Boot Camp, 9 to 10 a.m. Saturdays, through Aug. 26. All classes are $5 each or purchase a 12-class punch card for $50. For more information, contact email@example.com.
For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At Center Presbyterian Church, McMurray, Sunday morning service begins at 9:30 a.m.
• Tickets are now available for Center Church Night at the Wild Things game planned for Aug. 20.
For more information, visit center-church.org or call 724-941-9050.
At Mt. Lebanon Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Fired-up Friday, a drop-off program, is held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month for kids in kindergarten through fifth grade. Activities include laser tag, dodgeball, face painting, snacks, crafts, a movie, games and prizes while learning about Jesus. Preregister one time only at MLEPC.org. Email Ashley Gardner, Children’s Ministry director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.mlepc.org.
At South Hills Assembly of God, Bethel Park, a Miracle Healing Service will be held at 7 p.m. Aug. 7, with music by Healing Waters Praise Team. Fast and pray; bring the sick and afflicted.
• Lunch Bunch Bible study and luncheon for adults meets from noon to 2 p.m. Aug. 10. Cost of $6 includes lunch. RSVP by Aug. 8.
• Men’s Fellowship Breakfast, 9 to 11 a.m. Aug. 12. Free breakfast, worship, prayer, conversation and uplifting speakers for men of all ages.
For more information call 412-835-8900 or visit www.southhillsag.org.
At St. Bernard Parish, Mt. Lebanon, the next Bible study session is entitled: “James: Pearls for Wise Living” by Jeff Cavins and Sarah Christmyer. It is geared toward anyone who has struggled to live a truly Christian life, and offers practical solutions for handling everyday circumstances. It will be held in Clairvaux Hall from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 11-Nov. 20. Fee is $22 if paid by Sept. 5; $25 after Sept. 6. For more information or to schedule a ride, contact Julianna at 412-531-0559 or email@example.com.