Religion: Week of Aug. 23
At the Bible Chapel, McMurray, registration is open for Moms Together. Each meeting includes a light meal, presentation and small group support in a fun atmosphere of authentic community, personal growth, practical help, and spiritual hope. Visit bible chapel.org for campus locations, meeting times and registration.
• Special Needs Respite, 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 25. A time of fun and fellowship for children with special needs, while their families enjoy a time of rest and rejuvenation. To register or volunteer, visit biblechapel.org/events.
• Tender Shephard Preschool is accepting registrations for the 2017-18 school year. Morning and afternoon sessions are available for children ages 3-5 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Visit the website for more information.
• Trumpeter Chiz Rider in Concert, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 3, Rostraver Campus. The concert is free with an offering being taken. For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At Center Presbyterian Church, McMurray, Reverend Jack Aupperle will preach at the 9:30 a.m. Aug. 27 service.
• Preschool has a few openings for ages 2-5 beginning in September. For more information, call 724-941-9050.
At Crossroads Ministries, Finleyville, Connect Students for kids in grades 7-12 will hold its annual re-launch for the fall on Sept. 13. A brand new pre-teen ministry called Route 56 will also be launched for grades 5-6. The event will include games, food, prizes and a Euro Bungee Jump. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for Connect and at 6:15 p.m. for Route 56. For more information, contact Student Pastor Caleb York at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.crsmin.com.
At Mt. Lebanon Evangelical Presbyterian Church, the Rev. Carolyn Poteet has been named transitional pastor. Pastor Carolyn worshiped and preached at MLEPC during her tenure at Waynesburg University when she served as student chaplain. In addition, she has served in the foreign mission field with World Vision. Beginning in September, she will be preaching on the book of Ephesians. Sunday worship is held at 9 a.m. (contemporary) and 11:15 a.m. (traditional).
• Fired-up Friday, a drop-off program, is held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month for kids in kindergarten through fifth grade. Preregister one time only at MLEPC.org. Email Ashley Gardner, Children’s Ministry director, at email@example.com. For more information, visit www.mlepc.org.
At South Hills Assembly of God, Bethel Park, Gospel Women Prayer Group, a prayer and fellowship group, meets at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 31.
• International School of Ministry (ISOM) 1st trimester classes will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. beginning Sept. 2. Enjoy great teaching from internationally known preachers and Bible teachers. Earn a degree ($65 per trimester) or audit any class for free. Register now so books can be ordered.
• Wings of Eagles motorcycle ministry will meet and depart from the church at 9 a.m. Sept. 4, for a breakfast run. For more information, call 412-835-8900 or visit www.southhillsag.org.