Religion: Week of Aug. 30
At the Bible Chapel, McMurray, registration is open for Moms Together. Each meeting includes a light meal, presentation and small group support in a fun atmosphere of authentic community, personal growth, practical help, and spiritual hope. Visit biblechapel.org for campus locations, meeting times and registration.
• Tender Shephard Preschool is accepting registrations for the 2017-18 school year. Morning and afternoon sessions are available for children ages 3-5 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Visit the website for more information.
• Trumpeter Chiz Rider in Concert, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 3, Rostraver Campus. The concert is free with an offering being taken. For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At Crossroads Ministries, Finleyville, Connect Students for kids in grades 7-12 will hold its annual re-launch for the fall on Sept. 13. A brand new pre-teen ministry called Route 56 will also be launched for grades 5-6. The event will include games, food, prizes and a Euro Bungee Jump. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for Connect and at 6:15 p.m. for Route 56. For more information, contact Student Pastor Caleb York at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.crsmin.com.
• Clubhouse Kids will kick off its next session at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 13, and continue weekly thereafter, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday evenings. The evening includes high-energy worship, interactive games and creative activities that reinforce the weekly lesson. Clubhouse Kids is free and offered to preschoolers (must be four years old and potty trained) through fourth grade. For more information, contact Cortney Hodgson, Children’s Ministry director, at 724-348-1620.
At Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, a Bible study entitled “The Armor of God” by Priscilla Shirer will be offered at 10 a.m. Sept. 12 and at 7 p.m. Sept. 13. This seven-week study deals with the invisible war that rages around us and helps us to develop a personalized strategy to secure victory. To register, call 412-884-2722.
At Mt. Lebanon Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Fired-up Friday, a drop-off program, is held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month for kids in kindergarten through fifth grade. Preregister one time only at MLEPC.org. Email Ashley Gardner, Children’s Ministry director, at email@example.com. For more information, visit www.mlepc.org.
At South Hills Assembly of God, Bethel Park, Gospel Women Prayer Group, a prayer and fellowship group, meets at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 31.
• International School of Ministry (ISOM) 1st trimester classes will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. beginning Sept. 2. Enjoy teaching from internationally known preachers and Bible teachers. Earn a degree ($65 per trimester) or audit any class for free. Register now so books can be ordered.
• Wings of Eagles motorcycle ministry will meet and depart from the church at 9 a.m. Sept. 4, for a breakfast run.
• A new session of Grief Share, for those needing support and encouragement after the death of a loved one, will meet from 10 a.m. to noon or 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 7-Dec. 7. Led by Pastor Pat Sutton, this Bible-based support group consists of DVD teaching followed by discussion and sharing with others. Join anytime and return for any of the classes you missed. Registration is $15 and includes a workbook.
For more information, call 412-835-8900 or visit www.southhillsag.org.
At St. Bernard Parish, Mt. Lebanon, the next Bible study session is entitled: “James: Pearls for Wise Living” by Jeff Cavins and Sarah Christmyer. It is geared toward anyone who has struggled to live a truly Christian life, and offers practical solutions for handling everyday circumstances. It will be held in Clairvaux Hall from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 11-Nov. 20. Fee is $22 if paid by Sept. 5; $25 after Sept. 6. For more information or to schedule a ride, contact Julianna at 412-531-0559 or firstname.lastname@example.org.