Religion: Week of Sept. 13
At the Bible Chapel, McMurray, registration is open for Moms Together. Each meeting includes a light meal, presentation and small group support in a fun atmosphere of authentic community, personal growth, practical help, and spiritual hope. Visit biblechapel.org for campus locations, meeting times and registration.
• Tender Shepherd Preschool is accepting registrations for the 2017-18 school year. Morning and afternoon sessions are available for children ages 3-5 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Visit the website for more information. For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
At Center Presbyterian Church, McMurray, the fall schedule returns with worship at 11 a.m. Sunday. Sunday school classes resume at 9:30 a.m. Preschool has a few openings for children ages 2-5. For more information, call 724-941-9050.
At Crossroads Ministries, Finleyville, Connect Students for kids in grades 7-12 will hold its annual re-launch for the fall on Sept. 13. A brand new pre-teen ministry called Route 56 will also be launched for grades 5-6. The event will include games, food, prizes and a Euro Bungee Jump. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for Connect and at 6:15 p.m. for Route 56. For more information, contact Student Pastor Caleb York at email@example.com or visit www.crsmin.com.
• Clubhouse Kids will kick off its next session at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 13, and continue weekly thereafter, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday evenings. The evening includes high-energy worship, interactive games and creative activities that reinforce the weekly lesson. Clubhouse Kids is free and offered to preschoolers (must be four years old and potty trained) through fourth grade. For more information, contact Cortney Hodgson, Children’s Ministry director, at 724-348-1620.
At Mt. Lebanon Evangelical Presbyterian Church, corner of Washington and Scott roads, Pastor Carolyn Poteet (interim Pastor) begins preaching on Paul’s letter to the Ephesians this fall. There will be small group discussion groups that will further explore the “Spiritual Riches” in the book of Ephesians using a study guide. These groups will meet Sunday mornings, following the Family Fusion dinners, and at several other times and locations. Sign up using the online form on the website or call the church at 412-531-3387.
• All-Church Family Picnic, 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 13 Cost is $5 for adults and teens, and $3 for children ages 3-12. The evening will include a family worship time on the roof.
• Fired-up Friday, a drop-off program, is held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month for kids in kindergarten through fifth grade. Preregister one time only online. Email Ashley Gardner, Children’s Ministry director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. For more information, visit www.mlepc.org.
At Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Sunday worship is held at 11 a.m. at St. David’s Episcopal Parish Hall, 905 East McMurray Road, Venetia. Sunday school is at 9:45 a.m. for all ages.
• Bible Study, 6:30 pm. Wednesdays at Beinhauers Community Room, McMurray. The evening begins with a meal followed by a study of the book “Simple Church” by Thom S. Rainer. For more information, visit www.peterscreekchurch.org.
At South Hills Assembly of God, Bethel Park, a casual worship service is held at 6 p.m. Saturdays nights. Sunday services are at 9 and 11 a.m.
• Divorce Care support group, for those going through separation or divorce, meets at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the library of Hillcrest Christian Academy, 2500 Bethel Church Road.
• Wings of Eagles Motorcycle Ministry will meet and depart from the church at 9 a.m. Sept. 16 for the ride to Shanksville, Pa., to visit the Flight 93 memorial. For more information, call Tom at 412-716-6510.
• Lunch Bunch Bible study and luncheon for adults meets from noon to 2 p.m. Sept. 21. Cost is $6 and includes lunch. RSVP by Sept. 19.
For more information, call 412-835-8900 or visit www.southhillsag.org.
At St. Bernard Parish, Mt. Lebanon, a Stephen Ministry Introductory Worshop will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 23. Stephen Ministry is an international lay caring ministry, begun in 1975 by Kenneth Haugk, a Lutheran pastor and psychologist who recognized he could not minister to all of those in his flock in critical need. He trained nine congregants to become the first Stephen Ministers. The apostolate is now in over 12,000 churches around the world. In our South Hills neighborhoods the congregations are: St. Bernard Roman Catholic, Southminster Presbyterian, Mt. Lebanon Evangelical Lutheran and Christ United Methodist in Bethel Park. Learn more about implementing this Christian care-giving ministry. Attendees will participate in Stephen Ministry training module. Registration table opens at 8. Cost is $15 per person, or $50 per groups of four or more. To register, call 412-561-3300 or email email@example.com.
• The next Bible study session is entitled: “James: Pearls for Wise Living” by Jeff Cavins and Sarah Christmyer. It is geared toward anyone who has struggled to live a truly Christian life, and offers practical solutions for handling everyday circumstances. It will be held in Clairvaux Hall from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays, through Nov. 20. Fee is $25. For more information or to schedule a ride, contact Julianna at 412-531-0559 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 14-Nov. 9. Learn how you and your family can get out of debt, stay out of debt, and build wealth. For more information, visit wroc.westminster-church.org or call Kathy Long at 412-835-6630 ext. 200.
• The Westminster Book Group will meet from noon to 1 p.m. Sept. 27 to discuss Rachel Joyce’s best-selling novel “The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry.” Bring a brown bag lunch.
• First Place 4 Health - Christ-centered Health and Weight Loss Program, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays, Sept. 25-Dec. 11. See how putting God first can lead to successful weight loss, learn about how God calls Christians to be physically fit, and understand the positive effects good nutrition and exercise have on your emotions and spirit at this 12-week session. A free orientation meeting (required for new members) will be held from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Sept. 18. Register at wroc.westminster-church.org or call Kathy Long at 412-835-6630.
For more information, visit www.westminster-church.org or call 412-835-6630.