The Bible Chapel, McMurray, will offer Divorce Care for Kids at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 10. Divorce Care for Kids is a special group to help children ages 5-12 heal from the hurt caused by the divorce of their parents. For details or to register, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Other offerings include:
• Bible Institute, 6:30 to 8 p.m. weekly with new classes beginning Jan. 9. Topics include Genesis, Apologetics and Becoming a Contagious Christian.
• “Grounded,” a new sermon series, beginning Jan. 5 at the South Hills, Robinson and Washington campuses. This six-week series is meant to motivate, inspire and call people to the life-long process of discipleship.
• Salt Tuesday Night Light Young Adult Ministry, 7 p.m. Jan. 8 in the Youth Activity Center, South Hills campus.
• New classes for the whole family, including Bible Institute for adults and Revi Club for kids, 6:30 to 8 p.m. weekly, beginning Jan. 9. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Cost is $5/person or $20/family.
Violinist and speaker
Virtuoso violinist and inspirational speaker, Roddy Chong will be playing and speaking at The Hills Church beginning at 10 a.m. Jan. 13 at Upper St. Clair High School.
Ministry of Mothers Sharing at St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will begin its winter session at 7 p.m. Jan. 29. MOMS provides opportunities for spiritual growth in its community of women and families. Contact Karen McElhaney at email@example.com.
Jewish Women’s Circle at Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will present Making a Good Marriage even Better at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 7. Guest speaker Mrs. Chana Gittel Deray will share tips on Shalom Bayit (peace in the home). Enjoy hot teas and pastries.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Kabbalah of You, 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays or 10:15 a.m. Sundays. For details, call 412-344-2424.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, plans the following:
• Women’s Study: Unglued with Lisa TerKeurst, 7 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Jan. 8.
• Push, Pull, Get Up and Go, 7 p.m. Jan. 8 and 15. Every day functional movement.
• Triple A: Forgotten Tales of Pittsburgh, noon Jan. 9.
• Invitation to the Old Testament, 7 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Jan. 9.
• Open Door: New worship at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
For details, call 412-835-6621.
March for Life
The 40th March for Life will be held on Jan. 25 in Washington, D.C. Pilgrimages are planned as follows:
• St. Patrick Parish, Canonsburg, Youth Rally & Mass for Life bus departs at 12:30 a.m. and returns approximately 11:30 p.m. Students in eighth through 12th grades and seventh graders with an adult are welcome to participate. Call Nicole Guyton at 724-745-4130.
• St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, has two buses leaving at 6 a.m. returning by midnight. Cost is $20. Call Carolyn Sopher at 412-257-0780.
• The Bible Chapel will participate in the March for Life. Buses return to the South Hills Campus at 11 p.m. Cost is $30. For information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, plans the following programs:
• Soaring Eagles prayer group for men and women at 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month.
• CommuniTea Bible study at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 4. Theme is “Hope Arising.”
• Care for Caregivers meets at 10 a.m. Jan. 5.
• God’s Most Prized Possession adult Bible teaching meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 8.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Jan. 9 and continue on Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. starting Jan. 10. Cost is $15.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will offer a contemporary service “Praise Music” at 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman. For details, call 412-884-2722.
Beth Israel’s religious school in Washington will hold classes for ages 5-12 at 10 a.m. Sundays, beginning in February. Jewish history and culture, holidays, prayer and Hebrew will be taught. To enroll, call 724-225-7080.
Mt. Lebanon U.L. Church will hold liturgies with Eucharist at 8, 9 and 10:30 a.m. on the Epiphany, Jan. 6.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will move its weekly contemporary service to 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, holds weekly adoration on Wednesdays. The Holy Eucharist is exposed for adoration following the 11:30 a.m. Mass. The Rosary is recited following Mass and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is recited at 3 p.m.
Carnegie Presbyterian Church holds advent worship with Praise Band at 8:45 a.m. Sundays. At 11 a.m. a traditional worship service will begin with the choir. Sunday school for all ages begins at 10 a.m.