Senior Citizen Events
Retired Men meet
The Retired Men’s Luncheon Group of Pleasant Hills will meet at noon on Jan. 17 in the Fellowship Hall of Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church.
Member Alan Delmastro will discuss taxes.
Cost for lunch is $6. Call the church office at 412-655-2000 by Jan. 11 to be included in the lunch order. Antique appraisals
Patricia Golden of Golden Estates Sales will offer free antique appraisals at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 24 at Vanadium Woods Village in Scott Township. Bring one item for appraisal. To register, call 412-221-2900.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will hold a seniors luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 23, with a guest speaker from Life Pittsburgh. Suggested donation is $5. Wheelchair accessible. For details or to RSVP, contact Barb at 412-278-2658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exercise for seniors
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, plans the following programs Tuesdays, Jan. 22-March 12:
• Arthritis Foundation exercise, 11:15 a.m.
• Tai Chi, 12:15 p.m.
All ages. For details, call 412-835-6630.
Lunch and Learn
Mt. Lebanon Village is seeking volunteers to provide services to help senior citizens live independently in their own homes. For details, call 412-343-4054.
Dormont AARP will meet at noon Jan. 10 at Dormont Presbyterian Church.
Venetia Community Center and the Area Agency on Aging of Washington County sponsors senior lunches at noon the second and fourth Thursday of each month. To register, call Erma at 724-941-6956.
Adult Interest Center at Southminster Presbyterian Church, Mt. Lebanon, meets at 11 a.m. Fridays. Lunch is served at noon for $6. Brian Mahan will offer selections from the ’50s on Jan. 11. For details, call Carla Campbell at 412-343-8900.
Senior Citizen Events
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (554)
90-year-old Bethel Park man graduating from University of Pittsburgh (365)
Oldaker to coach USA team headed to China (205)
Brookline residents still wary of Castlegate development (154)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (114)
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (627)
Brookline residents still wary of Castlegate development (222)
Peters Township School Board issues deadline to booster groups (109)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)