Apke named PAC POW
Chelsea Apke of Mount Lebanon was selected as the Presidents’ Athletic Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week.
The junior forward helped Washington & Jefferson College (11-4, 6-2) win a pair of road games last week by averaging 18.5 points and 12.5 rebounds. She shot 51.5 percent (17-33) from the field, while collecting four steals and three assists.
Apke followed an 18-point, nine-rebound performance against Grove City by netting 19 points and pulling down a career-high 16 rebounds at Bethany three days later. Apke’s 16 rebounds were the most by a President since Maggie Gibson grabbed 22 against Thomas More on Jan. 7, 2010.
She leads the Presidents’ Athletic Conference in rebounding (10.9) and is tied for the league lead with eight double-doubles. Apke is the sixth-leading scorer in the conference (15.2), while shooting a team-best 51 percent (87-170) from the field.
A first-year starter for the Presidents, Apke missed all of last season due to injury after transferring from NCAA Division I Presbyterian following her freshman campaign.
W&J will look for its fourth-straight win Jan. 16 when it hosts Geneva. The Presidents would match last season’s win total with a victory over the Golden Tornadoes.
Apke named PAC POW
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Together Listings Oct. 9 (37)
SF students participate in Apple, Google’s Hour of Code (26)
Paint-your-own pottery: a fun indoor activity (24)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (20)
South Fayette headed to Hershey (20)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)