Digital media competition
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Steeltown Entertainment Project announces the official launch of its third annual Take A Shot at Changing the World contest. The event will take place on at 2 p.m. Jan. 19 at the Heinz History Center with a special screening of “The People Speak.” Tickets are free and the event is open to the public, but space is limited so RSVP to Rachel@steeltown.org to reserve seats.
The contest runs from Jan. 19-May 1, 2013. All films will be eligible for the $1,000 fan favorite prize, which will be determined by a 10-day online voting period. Films can be up to five minutes long. For more information or to register your school, visit www.TakeaShotContest.org.
College Planning Workshop
Parents of high school students are invited to attend a free, one-hour College Funding and Financial Aid Workshop at either of the following locations:
• Mt. Lebanon Recreation Center (Cedar Blvd.), 6:30 p.m. Jan. 23.
• Bethel Park Community Center (Park Ave.), 6:30 p.m. Jan. 30.
Planning expert Mike Giffin will discuss how to match your financial abilities with college choices including sending your child to the college of their dreams. Reserve a seat at www.enspherecps.com or by calling 1-888-279-8044.
Peters Township High School National Honor Society will sponsor its Ninth Annual Dodgeball Tournament for the Make-A-Wish Scholarship Fund.
The event will be held from 6-8 p.m. Jan. 24 in the high school gym. Each school in the district will organize a faculty team. The teams will compete against each other for the ultimate championship. Refreshments including hot dogs, walking tacos, nachos, soda, candy and baked goods will be sold.
Admission is $5. Tickets will be sold in the high school athletic office during school hours and also at the door the night of the event. All proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Scholarship Fund.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (13)
Canon-Mac, South Fayette advance to Final Four in wrestling (8)
Peters Township softball in thick of playoff hunt (6)
South Hills police participating in Drug Take-Back Day April 26 (81)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)