South Hills Church of the Nazarene, Bethel Park, announces the winter session of its DivorceCare support group.
Meetings will be held from 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, beginning Jan. 17 (with the exception of March 28) at the church located on Library Road. Meetings run through April 18.
DivorceCare features a video every week prior to discussion with nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Seminar sessions include “Facing My Anger,” “Facing My Loneliness,” “Depression,” “New Relationships,” “KidCare” and “Forgiveness.”
Cost is $20, which includes a workbook. Limited scholarships are available for those who are unable to pay. Babysitting will not be available.
For details, call 412-831-6333.
Our Lady of Grace Church hosts Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, beginning after the 9 a.m. Mass on Jan. 22, and concluding with a Holy Hour for Life from 7-8 p.m. Devotions will take place at 10 a.m. (Sacred Heart), 12 noon (Stations of the Cross), 2 p.m. (Living Rosary), 4 p.m. (Divine Mercy) and 6 p.m. (Rachel Rosary). All are welcome.
For information, call 412-279-7070.
St. Benedict the Abbot Church, McMurray, will offer Eucharistic adoration in the chapel on Jan. 19. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed following the 8:30 a.m. mass until 4:00 p.m.
Those wishing to pray before the exposed Blessed Sacrament are invited to come to the chapel for as short or as long a stay as you like.
The purpose is to encourage people to pray for the success of the March for Life, taking place on Jan. 25 in Washington, D.C. Anyone who would like to see Roe v. Wade overturned is encouraged to participate.
Mt. Lebanon U.P. Church will host Family Fusion Wednesdays Jan. 23-March 20. A family dinner begins at 6 p.m. Adults and teens pay $5; ages 3-12 pay $3. Spiritual Growth groups gather at 7 p.m.
First Bethel United Methodist Church, Bethel Park, offers a Bible study of the Psalms at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
Jack Aupperle will lead a discussion entitled “The Psalms and This Life of Ours.” We will explore the theme of worship, including its purpose, it characteristics and its impact. Each session will be self-contained and will include a presentation followed by discussion and sharing of perspectives.
For information, call 412-835-0700.
In celebration of National Vocations Awareness Week, St. Bernard Church, Mt. Lebanon, will offer Holy Hour Eucharistic Adoration, 7 p.m. Jan. 16. Prayers and adoration will be devoted to an increase in priestly and religious vocations in our diocese and in our world.
Other activities at the church include:
• Special school liturgy, 10 a.m. Jan. 17 with local religious and seminarians in attendance.
The Door Christian Fellowship Church, located in Castle Shannon, will hold a revival at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 17-19 and 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Jan. 20.
Rick Buchholz, who pastored in Turkey, New York City and San Diego, will speak at this dynamic presentation. Bring a friend. For details, call 412-308-6463 or visit the promo on the website at www.thedoorpittsburgh.com.Chabad events
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will hold an Israeli Style Shabbat Dinner at 6 p.m. Jan. 25. Enjoy falafel, hummus, salads and traditional Shabbat delicacies. Cost is $54 per family.
For information or to register, call 412-344-2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Living With Integrity, new six week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute explores everyday ethical dilemmas and offers tools to deal with them. Classes are held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Jan. 30, or 10:15 a.m. Sundays, beginning Feb. 3 at Chabad of the South Hills.
Call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com for registration and more information.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, plans the following events:
• Women’s Study: Unglued with Lisa TerKeurst, 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Invitation to the Old Testament, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Open Door: New worship at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Advocate for Change, 9:30 a.m. Jan. 20, 27. Seek justice on behalf of the sick, the poor, the oppressed and those without a voice.
• Women’s Bible Study: Overcoming Challenges, 7 p.m. Thursdays Jan. 17-Feb. 7. Explore the Old Testament book of Nehemiah.
• Confirmation kick-off, noon or 5 p.m. Jan. 26. RSVP by Jan. 17. Classes begin at 4:30 p.m. or 7 p.m. Jan. 30. Call Melody Newton at 412-835-6621 ext. 120 for details.
Breakfast with O’Brien
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will sponsor Breakfast with Pittsburgh sports writer Jim O’Brien at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 26.
To register, call 412-835-6630.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, will offer the following:
• Tuesday Night Light, SALT young adult ministry meeting, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 22 in the Youth Activity Center, South Hills campus. Come for worship, the Word and fellowship.
• Friendship Weekend, Feb. 2 and 3, all services at the South Hills campus. Former Pittsburgh Steeler and Director of Sealed Men’s Ministry, Tunch Ilkin, will speak. Invite a friend to hear his encouraging and inspiring story.
• Bible Institute, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include Genesis, Apologetics and Becoming a Contagious Christian.
• “Grounded,” a new sermon series, at the South Hills, Robinson and Washington campuses. This six-week series is meant to motivate, inspire and call people to discipleship.
• New classes for the whole family, including Bible Institute for adults and Revi Club for kids, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Cost is $5/person or $20/family.
• Saturday Night in the Cafe, 5:30 p.m. and after service Jan. 26 in the Connections Cafe, South Hills Campus. Enjoy music, food and fellowship.
• Ladies Night Out, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Feb. 1 in the Worship Center, South Hills Campus. Hear personal stories from other women. Desserts will be served.
For details, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Ministry of Mothers Sharing at St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will begin its winter session at 7 p.m. Jan. 29. MOMS provides opportunities for spiritual growth in its community of women and families. Contact Karen McElhaney at email@example.com.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will move its weekly contemporary service to 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will offer a contemporary service “Praise Music” at 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman. For details, call 412-884-2722.
Beth Israel’s religious school in Washington will hold classes for ages 5-12 at 10 a.m. Sundays, beginning in February. Jewish history and culture, holidays, prayer and Hebrew will be taught. To enroll, call 724-225-7080.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, holds weekly adoration on Wednesdays. The Holy Eucharist is exposed for adoration following the 11:30 a.m. Mass. The Rosary is recited following Mass and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is recited at 3 p.m.
Carnegie Presbyterian Church holds advent worship with Praise Band at 8:45 a.m. Sundays. At 11 a.m. a traditional worship service will begin with the choir. Sunday school for all ages begins at 10 a.m.
March for Life
The 40th March for Life will be held on Jan. 25 in Washington, D.C. Pilgrimages are planned as follows:
• St. Patrick Parish, Canonsburg, Youth Rally & Mass for Life bus departs at 12:30 a.m. and returns approximately 11:30 p.m. Students in eighth through 12th grades and seventh graders with an adult are welcome to participate. Call Nicole Guyton at 724-745-4130.
• St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, has two buses leaving at 6 a.m. returning by midnight. Cost is $20. Call Carolyn Sopher at 412-257-0780.
• The Bible Chapel will participate in the March for Life. Buses return to the South Hills Campus at 11 p.m. Cost is $30. For information, visit www.biblechapel.org.