Senior Citizen Events
Golden Estates Sales will offer free antique appraisals at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 24 at Vanadium Woods Village. Call 412-221-2900.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will hold a seniors luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 23, with a speaker from Life Pittsburgh. Suggested donation is $5. Call 412-278-2658. Exercise for seniors
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, plans the following Tuesdays, Jan. 22-March 12:
• Arthritis Foundation exercise, 11:15 a.m.
• Tai Chi, 12:15 p.m.
All ages. Call 412-835-6630.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) will offer tax filing assistance Feb. 4-April 15 at The Bible Chapel in McMurray. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Bring W-2s, 1099s, interest/dividend statements, social security and pension statements and copies of 2011 returns. Call 1-800-829-1040.
Adult Interest Center at Southminster Presbyterian Church, Mt. Lebanon, meets at 11 a.m. Fridays. Lunch is served at noon for $6. On Jan. 18, piano man Craig Zinger will entertain with classic tunes and crazy parodies. Call 412-343-8900.
Navigating senior care
Country Meadows at Home will present Navigating the Maze of Senior Care at 5 p.m. Jan. 29 at Frank Sarris Library. Senior care terminology, levels of care and an explanation regarding payment will be discussed. Call 412-257-2474.
Lunch and Learn
Mt. Lebanon Village is seeking volunteers to provide services to help senior citizens live independently in their own homes. Call 412-343-4054.
Social Security Timing Social Security Timing Advisors offers seminars on Social Security timing. Jan. 24 at Mt. Lebanon Public Library and Feb. 20 at Peters Twp. Public Library. Call 1-800-937-1928.
Senior Citizen Events
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (77)
Piece of former Mayview property taken by eminent domain (52)
Carla Hall of ‘The Chew’ visiting Giant Eagle Market District (50)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (48)
Twerking conversation has gone on too long (47)
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (627)
Brookline residents still wary of Castlegate development (222)
Peters Township School Board issues deadline to booster groups (109)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)