The Black Association of South Hills (BASH) is accepting applications for 2013 scholarships. African-American high school seniors who attend Bethel Park, Canon-McMillan, Chartiers-Houston, Chartiers Valley, Mt. Lebanon, Peters, South Fayette, South Park, Thomas Jefferson, Trinity, Upper St. Clair or Washington may apply.
Applications may be obtained at www.bashforwomen.com or from the school’s guidance counselor. Applications must be returned by March 8.
Hillcrest Christian Academy in Bethel Park will host an open house from 10 a.m.-noon Jan. 21. The morning will start with a general assembly of all families to discuss enrollment procedures, transportation, scholarships, after-school care and other details. Arrive early to register at the door.
• “Keeping Your Kids From Canaan,” a low-cost conference geared for parents with kids of all ages, will take place Jan. 26 at the school. Dr. Bruce McCracken, the author of the book from which the name of the conference is taken, will be the keynote speaker. Also speaking will be former Steeler Dan Kreider. For details and to register, visit www.hillcrestca.org.
Bethel Park School District is holding kindergarten registration for the 2013-2014 school year through Jan. 25. Children who will be age 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2013, are eligible to begin kindergarten in the fall of 2013.
Completed forms can be mailed to the child’s elementary school or dropped off at the school. Parents will then be given the kindergarten registration packet, which should be completed before kindergarten registration begins in March.
The preregistration process assists the school district with planning for the 2013-2014 school year.
Questions about kindergarten or the registration process can be answered by contacting any Bethel Park elementary school. Forms are available online at www.bpsd.org, or they can be picked up at any Bethel Park elementary school.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Surveillance cameras key to catching criminals (55)
SLS, Canevin headed for showdown (37)
Speaker adds light to life’s journey (33)
Budget woes continue for USC (30)
Lebo schools face $2.6 million budget shortfall in 2015 (332)
Budget woes continue for USC (213)
Siak, Worcester lead BP into PIHL semifinals (102)
BP Council recognizes road crew (100)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)