Mt. Lebanon church hosts family dinners
Mt. Lebanon U.P. Church will host Family Fusion Wednesdays Jan. 23-March 20. A family dinner begins at 6 p.m. Adults and teens pay $5; ages 3-12 pay $3. Spiritual Growth groups gather at 7 p.m.
South Hills Church of the Nazarene, Bethel Park, announces the winter session of its DivorceCare support group.
Meetings will be held from 7-9 p.m. Thursdays (with the exception of March 28) at the church located on Library Road. Meetings run through April 18.
DivorceCare features a video every week prior to discussion with nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Seminar sessions include “Facing My Anger,” “Facing My Loneliness,” “Depression,” “New Relationships,” “KidCare” and “Forgiveness.”
Cost is $20, which includes a workbook. Limited scholarships are available for those who are unable to pay. Babysitting will not be available.
For details, call 412-831-6333.
First Bethel United Methodist Church, Bethel Park, offers a Bible study of the Psalms at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
Jack Aupperle will lead a discussion entitled “The Psalms and This Life of Ours.” We will explore the theme of worship, including its purpose, it characteristics and its impact. Each session will be self-contained and will include a presentation followed by discussion and sharing of perspectives.
For information, call 412-835-0700.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will hold an Israeli Style Shabbat Dinner at 6 p.m. Jan. 25. Enjoy falafel, hummus, salads and traditional Shabbat delicacies. Cost is $54 per family.
For information or to register, call 412-344-2424 or email email@example.com.
• Living With Integrity, a new six week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, explores everyday ethical dilemmas and offers tools to deal with them. Classes are held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Jan. 30, or 10:15 a.m. Sundays, beginning Feb. 3 at Chabad of the South Hills.
Call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com for registration and more information.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, plans the following events:
• Women’s Study: Unglued with Lisa TerKeurst, 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Invitation to the Old Testament, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Open Door: New worship at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Advocate for Change, 9:30 a.m. Jan. 27. Seek justice on behalf of the sick, the poor, the oppressed and those without a voice.
• Women’s Bible Study: Overcoming Challenges, 7 p.m. Thursdays, through Feb. 7. Explore the Old Testament book of Nehemiah.
Breakfast with O’Brien
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will sponsor a breakfast with Pittsburgh sports writer Jim O’Brien at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 26.
To register, call 412-835-6630.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, will offer the following:
• Friendship Weekend, Feb. 2-3, all services at the South Hills campus. Former Pittsburgh Steeler and Director of Sealed Men’s Ministry Tunch Ilkin will speak. Invite a friend to hear his encouraging and inspiring story.
• Bible Institute, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include Genesis, Apologetics and Becoming a Contagious Christian.
• “Grounded,” a new sermon series, at the South Hills, Robinson and Washington campuses. This six-week series is meant to motivate, inspire and call people to discipleship.
• New classes for the whole family, including Bible Institute for adults and Revi Club for kids, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Cost is $5/person or $20/family.
• Saturday Night in the Cafe, 5:30 p.m. and after service Jan. 26 in the Connections Cafe, South Hills Campus. Enjoy music, food and fellowship.
• Ladies Night Out, 7-9:30 p.m. Feb. 1 in the Worship Center, South Hills Campus. Hear personal stories from other women. Desserts will be served.
For details, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Ministry of Mothers Sharing at St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will begin its winter session at 7 p.m. Jan. 29. MOMS provides opportunities for spiritual growth in its community of women and families. Contact Karen McElhaney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will move its weekly contemporary service to 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will offer a contemporary service “Praise Music” at 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman. For details, call 412-884-2722.
Beth Israel’s religious school in Washington will hold classes for ages 5-12 at 10 a.m. Sundays, beginning in February. Jewish history and culture, holidays, prayer and Hebrew will be taught. To enroll, call 724-225-7080.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, holds weekly adoration on Wednesdays. The Holy Eucharist is exposed for adoration following the 11:30 a.m. Mass. The Rosary is recited following Mass and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is recited at 3 p.m.
Carnegie Presbyterian Church holds advent worship with Praise Band at 8:45 a.m. Sundays. At 11 a.m., a traditional worship service will begin with the choir. Sunday school for all ages begins at 10 a.m.
March for Life
The 40th March for Life will be held Jan. 25 in Washington, D.C. Pilgrimages are planned as follows:
• St. Patrick Parish, Canonsburg, Youth Rally & Mass for Life bus departs at 12:30 a.m. and returns approximately 11:30 p.m. Students in eighth through 12th grades and seventh graders with an adult are welcome to participate. Call Nicole Guyton at 724-745-4130.
• St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, has two buses leaving at 6 a.m. returning by midnight. Cost is $20. Call Carolyn Sopher at 412-257-0780.
• The Bible Chapel will participate in the March for Life. Buses return to the South Hills Campus at 11 p.m. Cost is $30. For information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Mt. Lebanon church hosts family dinners
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Electric bikes on the move in Pennsylvania (8)
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (6)
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (5)
PIHL announces all-stars (5)
South Park resident among those missing on Malaysia Airlines flight (214)
Program sheds light on Affordable Healthcare Act (149)
Army Reserves members read to students (98)
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (95)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)