Mt. Lebanon church hosts family dinnersPublished Jan 22, 2013 at 12:01 am (Updated Jan 18, 2013 at 3:58 pm)
Mt. Lebanon U.P. Church will host Family Fusion Wednesdays Jan. 23-March 20. A family dinner begins at 6 p.m. Adults and teens pay $5; ages 3-12 pay $3. Spiritual Growth groups gather at 7 p.m. Wednesdays Jan. 23-March 20.
The Youth Ministry at St. Thomas More Church, Upper St. Clair, is looking for youth in grades 6-12 who enjoy singing, reading and acting, to perform in its annual Passion Play Musical.
Practices begin in February. Performances will be held at 1:30 and 7 p.m. March 25.
If interested in becoming a part of this group, contact Kelly at email@example.com to get on the list.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, will offer the following:
• Women’s daytime Bible study, 9:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays in Room 203. Explore the book “James: Mercy Triumphs” by Beth Moore. The study will include video sessions and small group discussions. Childcare is available but all children must be preregistered.
• Women’s evening Bible study, 7-8:30 p.m. in Room 204. Explore the book “Beloved Disciple” by Beth Moore. The study guide will be available for purchase at the meeting. No childcare is available at evening meetings.
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30-8:30 p.m. in Room 100. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Wednesday night groups will start Jan. 16. Dinner is from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and the groups will meet from 6:30-7:30. Classes are offered for infant through kindergarten, elementary (grades 1-5), middle school (grades 6-8), high school (9-12) and adults.
For details, call the church office at 412-833-6111 or visit www.peterscreekbaptist.com.
Center Presbyterian Church, McMurray, will hold services at 8:30 and 11 am. Jan. 27, with Holy Communion served at the early service
Sunday school for children and adults begins at 9:45 a.m.
The annual Congregation and Corporation Meeting will be held at 10:40 a.m. just prior to worship.
• Youth groups for junior and senior high students meet at the church at 6 p.m. Bring friends.
South Hills Church of the Nazarene, Bethel Park, announces the winter session of its DivorceCare support group.
Meetings will be held 7-9 p.m. Thursdays (with the exception of March 28). Meetings run through April 18.
DivorceCare features a video prior to discussion with nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Seminar sessions include “Facing My Anger,” “Facing My Loneliness,” “Depression,” “New Relationships,” “KidCare” and “Forgiveness.”
Cost is $20, which includes a workbook. Limited scholarships are available. Babysitting will not be available.
For details, call 412-831-6333.
First Bethel United Methodist Church, Bethel Park, offers a Bible study of the Psalms at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
Jack Aupperle will lead a discussion entitled “The Psalms and This Life of Ours.” We will explore the theme of worship, including its purpose, it characteristics and its impact. Each session will be self-contained and will include a presentation followed by discussion and sharing of perspectives.
For information, call 412-835-0700.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will hold an Israeli Style Shabbat Dinner at 6 p.m. Jan. 25. Enjoy falafel, hummus, salads and traditional Shabbat delicacies. Cost is $54 per family.
For information or to register, call 412-344-2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Living With Integrity, a new six-week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, explores everyday ethical dilemmas and offers tools to deal with them. Classes are held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Jan. 30, or 10:15 a.m. Sundays, beginning Feb. 3.
Call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com for registration and information.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, plans the following events:
• Women’s Study: Unglued with Lisa TerKeurst, 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Invitation to the Old Testament, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Open Door: New worship at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Advocate for Change, 9:30 a.m. Jan. 27. Seek justice on behalf of the sick, the poor, the oppressed and those without a voice.
• Women’s Bible Study: Overcoming Challenges, 7 p.m. Thursdays, through Feb. 7. Explore the Old Testament book of Nehemiah.
Breakfast with O’Brien
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will sponsor a breakfast with Pittsburgh sports writer Jim O’Brien at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 26.
To register, call 412-835-6630.
Canonsburg U.P. Church will hold enrollment for its New Members Class at 9:45 a.m. beginning Feb. 3. If interested, call the church office at 724-745-0800 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, will offer the following:
• Friendship Weekend, Feb. 2-3. Former Pittsburgh Steeler and director of Sealed Men’s Ministry Tunch Ilkin will speak. Invite a friend to hear his encouraging and inspiring story.
• Bible Institute, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include Genesis, Apologetics and Becoming a Contagious Christian.
• “Grounded,” a new sermon series, at the South Hills, Robinson and Washington campuses. This six-week series is meant to motivate, inspire and call people to discipleship.
• New classes for the whole family, including Bible Institute for adults and Revi Club for kids, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Cost is $5/person or $20/family.
• Saturday Night in the Cafe, 5:30 p.m. and after service Jan. 26 in the Connections Cafe, South Hills Campus. Enjoy music, food and fellowship.
• Ladies Night Out, 7-9:30 p.m. Feb. 1. Hear personal stories from other women. Desserts will be served.
For details, visit www.biblechapel.org.
• VITA Income Tax Preparation, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Feb.4-April 15 at the South Hills campus, Room 180. Free to seniors and low-income individuals. Taxes prepared on a first come, first served basis by local volunteers Monday-Friday. VITA does not accept phone calls or emails. No numbers will be given out past 2 p.m.
Ministry of Mothers Sharing at St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will begin its winter session at 7 p.m. Jan. 29. MOMS provides opportunities for spiritual growth in its community of women and families. Contact Karen McElhaney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will move its weekly contemporary service to 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, will offer a contemporary service “Praise Music” at 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman. For details, call 412-884-2722.
Beth Israel’s religious school in Washington will hold classes for ages 5-12 at 10 a.m. Sundays, beginning in February. Jewish history and culture, holidays, prayer and Hebrew will be taught. To enroll, call 724-225-7080.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, holds weekly adoration on Wednesdays. The Holy Eucharist is exposed for adoration following the 11:30 a.m. Mass. The Rosary is recited following Mass and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is recited at 3 p.m.
Carnegie Presbyterian Church holds advent worship with Praise Band at 8:45 a.m. Sundays. At 11 a.m., a traditional worship service will begin with the choir. Sunday school for all ages begins at 10 a.m.
March for Life
The 40th March for Life will be held Jan. 25 in Washington, D.C. Pilgrimages are planned as follows:
• St. Patrick Parish, Canonsburg, Youth Rally & Mass for Life bus departs at 12:30 a.m. and returns approximately 11:30 p.m. Students in eighth through 12th grades and seventh graders with an adult are welcome to participate. Call Nicole Guyton at 724-745-4130.
• St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, has two buses leaving at 6 a.m. returning by midnight. Cost is $20. Call Carolyn Sopher at 412-257-0780.
• The Bible Chapel will participate in the March for Life. Buses return to the South Hills Campus at 11 p.m. Cost is $30. For information, visit www.biblechapel.org.