Health Hope Network offers a free support group for stroke survivors at 10 a.m. Tuesdays at Bethel Park Community Center. For more information, call 412-904-3036.
The Cancer Caring Center and UPMC will offer a Head and Neck Cancer support group at 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of every month. The group meets at UPMC Cancer Centers, Bethel Park.
Trudi Cooke, RN, OCN, will welcome all head and neck cancer patients and their adult family members. Cooke has spent 30 years working with cancer patients throughout the UPMC Cancer Centers system and has led a number of patient networks.
To register, call 412-622-1212. To learn more, visit www.cancercaring.org.
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA offers a weekly support group in a confidential setting for victims of domestic violence.
Call 724-223-9190 or 1-800-791-4000 for details.
Mothers and More
Mothers and More support group is for women who would like to meet others who share the same rewards and challenges.
Canonsburg/McMurray chapter meets the first and third Wednesdays of each month
For details, call 724-260-0327.
Family Hospice & Palliative Care, Mt. Lebanon,offers the following on-going free support groups:
• Southminster House, Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon, 1-2:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month.
• Baldwin Community U.M. Church, Baptist Road, Whitehall, 7-8:30 p.m. the first Thursday of every month.
No registration is required. For information, call 412-572-8829.
Outreach Teen & Family Services, Mt. Lebanon, offers a free parenting support group “Coffee Talk” at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month.
Counselors are Emily Heim and Christina Hostutler.
No need to register. For more information, visit www.outreachteen.org.
The Cancer Caring Center and St. Clair Hospital are cosponsoring a new networking group for colon cancer survivors and their adult family members. Meetings begin at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at St. Clair Hospital. Parking is free and refreshments provided.
The Pittsburgh-based Cancer Caring Center (www.cancercaring.org) offers free supportive services for people dealing with cancer, including community groups at 16 locations, a telephone helpline, professional counseling and pet therapy and support for children. No fee. To register, call 412-622-1212.
Mon Valley Hospital
Monongahela Valley Hospital offers the following support groups:
• Arthritis, call 724-228-1321.
• Ostomy, call 724-258-1773.
• Cancer, call 724-258-1704.
A free community support group for stroke survivors and brain injury survivors is held at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Bethel Park Community Center. Call 412-915-8193 for details.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
SF students participate in Apple, Google’s Hour of Code (332)
USC dominates Almanac Elite Eleven All-Star list (195)
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (185)
Claysville woman accused of driving drunk with children in vehicle (116)
Depth & talent promises a fun season for BP boys (89)
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (179)
Dogs and cats the same as cows and chickens (31)
Look around: business is booming (30)
Holiday Happenings – Dec. 11 (28)
Sights & Sounds – Dec. 11 (26)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
USC man charged with obstruction of justice (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)