Computer training for senior citizens
Mt. Lebanon School District’s Mellon Middle School teacher Deanna Amenta started an after school program with her BIT students and Student Council members to offer computer tutoring for local senior citizens. The tutoring sessions are held every Tuesday from 3-4 p.m. in the Mellon computer lab. Ms. Amenta pairs one of her BIT/Student Council students with a senior citizen to teach them basic computer skills. A volunteer from Mt. Lebanon Village has pitched in to help drive the seniors to Mellon each week. Ms. Amenta is looking for more “senior” students, since there are many Mellon students eager to share their knowledge of the digital world. For more information about the program or to sign up, contact Ms. Deanna Amenta at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mellon Middle School at 412-344-2122.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (95)
Peters Township keeping pace in Section 5 baseball (18)
USC’s Hardwick dominates the waters (10)
CVS made the right move in banning tobacco products (9)
Kidney Gift of Life Gala (8)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (699)
Celebrate Indian Pride fundraiser (81)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (62)
Fundraisers - April 16 (48)
Recovery is the only antidote to the drug issue (46)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Air quality a concern (1)
Texting insensitive to families (1)
Princess fundraiser benefits PT Relay for Life (1)
CVS made the right move in banning tobacco products (1)