Religious Events – Feb. 6
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will celebrate Valentine’s Day and World Marriage Day with a dinner-dance Feb. 9. Mass begins at 5 p.m. followed with dinner and dancing with Disc jockey Vic Satter in the Family Life Center until 10. To RSVP, call 412-833-0031.
Active Christian Seniors at Canonsburg U. P. Church will host a valentine luncheon on Feb. 11. Creamed chicken over biscuits will be served at noon. Cost is $6. Call 724-745-0800.
St. Valentine Christian Mothers, Bethel Park, will sponsor a morning of prayer and a spiritual talk with Father Angelus Shaughnessay at 10 a.m. Feb. 13. Mass will be celebrated at noon with the distribution of ashes. A light lunch will follow. Call 412-655-3859.
St. Patrick Parish, Canonsburg, youth group meets at 6:30 p.m. Sundays through lent at The Center. Activities include:
• Lovewalk for the Poor, grades 7-12, Sacred Heart Church, Shadyside.
South Hills Church of the Nazarene, Bethel Park, announces its DivorceCare support group. Meetings begin at 7 p.m. Thursdays, through April 18.
DivorceCare features a video prior to discussion on divorce and recovery topics. Call 412-831-6333.
First Bethel U. M. Church, Bethel Park, offers a Bible study of the Psalms at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
Jack Aupperle will lead a discussion entitled “The Psalms and This Life of Ours.” Call 412-835-0700.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
• The Hamilton Presbyterian Youth Group, “The God Squad,” is open to all teens. The group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays, September-May. “The God Squad” is always looking for outstanding adult leadership, both employed and volunteer. Call 412-884-2722. Jewish culture
Beth Israel’s religious school, Washington, will hold classes for ages 5-12 at 10 a.m. Sundays, beginning in February. Jewish history and culture, holidays, prayer and Hebrew will be taught. Call 724-225-7080.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, will offer the following:
• Women’s daytime Bible study, 9:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays. Explore the book “James: Mercy Triumphs” by Beth Moore. Childcare is available but all children must be preregistered.
• Women’s evening Bible study, 7-8:30 p.m. Explore the book “Beloved Disciple” by Beth Moore. The study guide will be available for purchase at the meeting. No childcare is available.
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30-8:30 p.m. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Wednesday groups begin with dinner from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Classes are offered for all ages. Call 412-833-6111.
Crossroads Ministries Library Baptist Church will hold the following:
• DivorceCare program from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Feb. 12.
The video-based 13-week series recovery support group is open to persons irrespective of any religious background. Call 724-348-1620 ext 110.
• GriefShare from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Feb. 12. Each session is “self-contained.” Call 724-782-0285.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, plans the following events:
• Moms, Pops, Tots Play Group, 3 p.m. Feb. 10, 24. Infants through 3 years with parents.
• Lenten sessions on Forgiveness, 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 20, 27.
• Bible in 90 Days with Heidi Varner, 7 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Feb. 20. Cost is $12.
• Book Study, 7 p.m. Wednesdays Feb. 6-27. “The Good and Beautiful God: Falling in Love with the God Jesus Knows” by James Bryan Smith. Book is $17. Call 412-835-6621.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, will offer the following:
• Movie, “Amazing Grace,” sponsored by Sage Works Older Adult Ministry, at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 10 in the Worship Center. Light refreshments will be served. Childcare is not provided.
• Night of Worship, 7-9 p.m. Feb. 24.
• Bible Institute, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include Genesis, Apologetics and Becoming a Contagious Christian.
• “Grounded,” a new sermon series, at the South Hills, Robinson and Washington campuses. This six-week series is meant to motivate, inspire and call people to discipleship.
• New family classes include Bible Institute for adults and Revi Club for kids, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Cost is $5/person or $20/family.
For details, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Religious Events – Feb. 6
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Park resident among those missing on Malaysia Airlines flight (137)
Program sheds light on Affordable Healthcare Act (61)
Bethel Park student’s class project makes it around the world (59)
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (46)
Army Reserves members read to students (42)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)