Religious Events – Feb. 6Published Feb 6, 2013 at 12:24 pm (Updated Feb 6, 2013 at 12:24 pm)
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will celebrate Valentine’s Day and World Marriage Day with a dinner-dance Feb. 9. Mass begins at 5 p.m. followed with dinner and dancing with Disc jockey Vic Satter in the Family Life Center until 10. To RSVP, call 412-833-0031.
Active Christian Seniors at Canonsburg U. P. Church will host a valentine luncheon on Feb. 11. Creamed chicken over biscuits will be served at noon. Cost is $6. Call 724-745-0800.
St. Valentine Christian Mothers, Bethel Park, will sponsor a morning of prayer and a spiritual talk with Father Angelus Shaughnessay at 10 a.m. Feb. 13. Mass will be celebrated at noon with the distribution of ashes. A light lunch will follow. Call 412-655-3859.
St. Patrick Parish, Canonsburg, youth group meets at 6:30 p.m. Sundays through lent at The Center. Activities include:
• Lovewalk for the Poor, grades 7-12, Sacred Heart Church, Shadyside.
South Hills Church of the Nazarene, Bethel Park, announces its DivorceCare support group. Meetings begin at 7 p.m. Thursdays, through April 18.
DivorceCare features a video prior to discussion on divorce and recovery topics. Call 412-831-6333.
First Bethel U. M. Church, Bethel Park, offers a Bible study of the Psalms at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
Jack Aupperle will lead a discussion entitled “The Psalms and This Life of Ours.” Call 412-835-0700.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
• The Hamilton Presbyterian Youth Group, “The God Squad,” is open to all teens. The group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays, September-May. “The God Squad” is always looking for outstanding adult leadership, both employed and volunteer. Call 412-884-2722. Jewish culture
Beth Israel’s religious school, Washington, will hold classes for ages 5-12 at 10 a.m. Sundays, beginning in February. Jewish history and culture, holidays, prayer and Hebrew will be taught. Call 724-225-7080.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, will offer the following:
• Women’s daytime Bible study, 9:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays. Explore the book “James: Mercy Triumphs” by Beth Moore. Childcare is available but all children must be preregistered.
• Women’s evening Bible study, 7-8:30 p.m. Explore the book “Beloved Disciple” by Beth Moore. The study guide will be available for purchase at the meeting. No childcare is available.
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30-8:30 p.m. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Wednesday groups begin with dinner from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Classes are offered for all ages. Call 412-833-6111.
Crossroads Ministries Library Baptist Church will hold the following:
• DivorceCare program from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Feb. 12.
The video-based 13-week series recovery support group is open to persons irrespective of any religious background. Call 724-348-1620 ext 110.
• GriefShare from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Feb. 12. Each session is “self-contained.” Call 724-782-0285.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, plans the following events:
• Moms, Pops, Tots Play Group, 3 p.m. Feb. 10, 24. Infants through 3 years with parents.
• Lenten sessions on Forgiveness, 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 20, 27.
• Bible in 90 Days with Heidi Varner, 7 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Feb. 20. Cost is $12.
• Book Study, 7 p.m. Wednesdays Feb. 6-27. “The Good and Beautiful God: Falling in Love with the God Jesus Knows” by James Bryan Smith. Book is $17. Call 412-835-6621.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, will offer the following:
• Movie, “Amazing Grace,” sponsored by Sage Works Older Adult Ministry, at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 10 in the Worship Center. Light refreshments will be served. Childcare is not provided.
• Night of Worship, 7-9 p.m. Feb. 24.
• Bible Institute, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include Genesis, Apologetics and Becoming a Contagious Christian.
• “Grounded,” a new sermon series, at the South Hills, Robinson and Washington campuses. This six-week series is meant to motivate, inspire and call people to discipleship.
• New family classes include Bible Institute for adults and Revi Club for kids, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Cost is $5/person or $20/family.
For details, visit www.biblechapel.org.