Getting Together – Feb. 20
Black Association of South Hills for Women (BASH) will sponsor its scholarship fundraising luncheon 11 a.m. March 23 at The Double Tree by Hilton, Green Tree.
BASH is an organization for black women, in which their contributions can be used to shape a better community.
They generate funds for scholarships to qualified black high school seniors who are pursuing a post-secondary education. This year’s theme is “Add a Little Bling Scholarship Luncheon.”
Tickets are $35. For details, visit www.BASHFORWOMEN.COM.
• Lego Club, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 25.
• Landscape Design with Evanovich, 7 p.m. Feb. 27. Free.
• First Time Homebuyers by Todd Stainbrook, 7 p.m. Feb. 28. Learn financing options. Free.
• Articles Club, 7 p.m. Feb. 28. Topic-Happiness.
• Free Practice SAT Test, 9 a.m. March 2. Get scores, test-taking strategies and SAT info.
• Babies and Books, 10 a.m. Feb. 22. Stories, songs, finger plays.
• Winter Margaritaville Concert, John McDonald and the Mango Men, 7 p.m. Feb. 23. Tickets are $30.
• Three Rivers Romance Writers, 10 a.m. Feb. 23. Speaker will be Victoria Roberts.
• Wii Games, 4:30 p.m. Feb. 21.
• DIY Terrarium with live plants, 6 p.m. Feb. 26. Supplies provided.
• Fitness Frenzy, ages 10-17, 4:30 p.m. through Feb. 27.
• Teen Advisory Group, 4:30 p.m. Feb. 28. Plan programs and movies.
• Movie featuring a Civil War drama starring Daniel Day-Lewis, 6:30 p.m. March 27 and 3 p.m. March 28.
• Family Night, all ages, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 21. Theme is Cowboys and Girls.
• Play Day, first-third grades Feb. 23.
• Movie Making on Feb. 23, 4:30 p.m., K-second grade and 6:30 p.m., grades three-five.
• Scented Soap Making, 11th grade+, 6 p.m. Feb. 25. Fee is $2.
• Creating a Rain Garden with designer Phyllis Gricus, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 26.
• Life/Constitutions of Benjamin Franklin, 10 a.m. March 1, 8, 15, 22, April 5, 12.
• Open Art Studio, kids, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. March 2.
• Acting for Film, TV, Stage, grades 1-3 at 4 p.m. grades 4-6 at 5 p.m. Thursdays beginning Feb. 21. Cost for eight weeks is $90.
• Mystery Book Club, 1 p.m. Feb. 27. Discuss “The Case of Jennie Brice” by Mary Roberts Rinehart.
• Collage Party, 3 p.m. Feb. 28. Decorate the teen room. Bring favorite magazine clips.
• How to Appeal Your Property Assessment, free seminar.
• Beading/Design, 6 p.m. Feb. 27. Semi-precious stone beads will be available. Call 412-833-5585.
Upper St. Clair
• Book Discussion, 10 a.m. March 7. Read “Sense and Sensibility” by Jane Austen and “All Roads Lead to Austen” by Amy E. Smith.
• Massage therapy by Massage Envy, 7 p.m. March 11.
• Travel with Mirela, 7 p.m. March 21. Learn to get the best travel deals.
• Girls Don’t Ride Motorbikes: A Spiritual Adventure Into Life’s Labyrinth by author Dorit Brauer, 7 p.m. March 26.
St. Patrick School, Canonsburg, has opened registration for preschool, all-day pre-K and kindergarten. For details, call 724-745-7977.
Zion Lutheran Preschool, Bridgeville, is accepting registrations for the 2013-14 term. Morning classes are available for small steps, preschool, prekindergarten and stepping stones.
For details, call Tracey Harris at 412-221-4776.
Duquesne Light Home & Garden Show will take place March 1-10 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Discover ideas on home, garden and home products needed to renovate. Visit www.pghhome.com for details.
Relay for Life will present Mt. Lebanon Winterfest noon-3 p.m. Feb. 23 in Clearview Commons. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the gate.
“Lights! Camera! Murder!” will be presented at 7 p.m. March 9 at the Hollywood Theatre, Dormont. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Guests will partake connecting clues and discovering the murder. Prizes for best costume and best actor.
For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women for a Healthy Environment (WHE) will host its Farm to Community Conference 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. March 5 at the Regional Learning Alliance in Cranberry. The conference will focus on understanding and acceptance of locally grown foods.
McMurray Art League will feature paintings, drawings and mixed media in a show titled “Blue.Period.” The studio is located in the McDowell Shops, McMurray. Hours are 5-8 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays. The show runs through March 28. For details, visit www.mcmurrayartleague.org.
Bradford House Historical Association will present the Whiskey Rebellion Festival and Heritage Music Series with the performance of area trio LocaL, comprised of Leigh-Anne Yost, Kyle Ingram and Zack DeFelice, Feb. 22 at the George Washington Hotel’s Pioneer Club. Kitchen and bar specials will be available.
D&M Chiropractic/Therapeutic Rehab, Upper St. Clair, will offer free consultations on Feb. 27 for adults and children who are suffering from migraine headaches. Call 412-833-1101 for an appointment.
Bones for Life
Body and movement awareness are beneficial to keeping the mind and brain fit and flexible for life. The Bones for Life program will be held March 1-4 at the Andrew Carnegie Free Library in Carnegie. Hours are 4-8:30 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday and Monday. BFL is based on the Feldenkrais Method teaching the ease and ability for the brain and body to remain vital. For details, call 412-527-4841.
Children’s Hospital will offer CPR classes for infant, child, teen or parents at 9 a.m. March 9, May 11, July 20 at UPMC South, Bethel Park. Cost is $30. To register, call 412-692-7105.
Mary Grace Musuneggi of the Musuneggi Financial Group will offer skills to be financially independent at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 at Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair. Free. Call 412-341-2888 to register.
Washington County Master Gardeners of Penn State Cooperative Extension will hold its 18th annual gardening seminar at 8:15 a.m. March 2 at Trinity Middle School. Mary Menniti will speak on the Italian Garden Project. Cost is $15. For details, call 724-228-6881.
Getting Together – Feb. 20
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (548)
90-year-old Bethel Park man graduating from University of Pittsburgh (363)
Oldaker to coach USA team headed to China (205)
Brookline residents still wary of Castlegate development (154)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (114)
South Hills Village undergoing renovation (627)
Brookline residents still wary of Castlegate development (222)
Peters Township School Board issues deadline to booster groups (109)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)