Spaghetti dinner to fund youth work projectPublished Mar 6, 2013 at 11:21 am (Updated Mar 6, 2013 at 11:21 am)
The youth group at Bethel Presbyterian Church will host a spaghetti dinner 4-8 p.m. March 9. Tickets are $8/adults, $5/seniors and ages 6-12. No charge for ages 5 and under. Presold tickets offer $1 discount. This dinner will help to fund the young people’s summer work project in South Carolina.
For information, call 412-835-0405.
Old St. Luke’s Church, Scott Township, will present the 15 member Pittsburgh Historical Music Society Orchestra concert at 3 p.m. March 10. The program is “The Music in Western Pennsylvania during the French and Indian War.”
An offering is requested.
For more information, call 412-489-3795.
St. Benedict the Abbot Church, McMurray, will hold Eucharistic Adoration from 9 a.m.-10 p.m. March 7.
Beth El Congregation of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will hold an All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Festival from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. March 10.
Enjoy pancakes with special toppings, eggs, potatoes and beverages.
Cost is $7 for adults, $5 for ages 5-12, and free to ages 4 and under.
For more information, call 412-561-1168.
Chabad of the South Hills in Mt. Lebanon, will hold a Pre-Passover Senior Luncheon at noon on March 13. Enjoy a model seder, Passover music, special holiday foods, great company and prizes. Suggested donation is $5. Wheelchair accessible. To register, contact Barb at 412-278-2658 or email@example.com.
First Bethel United Methodist Church presents a five-week Poverty Series from 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays, March 6, 13 and 20.
The curriculum, which comes from the United Methodist Women’s Mission Education program, is designed to help participants recognize and claim for themselves the connections between scripture, church tradition, compassion for the poor, social outreach and social justice. Deepen your understanding of the realities of poverty and commit to solidarity with the poor through accompaniment and advocacy.
For more information or to register, call 412-835-0700.
Prime Time group at Central Assembly of God, Houston, is sponsoring a trip to Lancaster to see “Noah” on May 7, 8. For more information, call 724-746-4900.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will hold The Prodigal God: A Bible Study at 10 a.m. Thursdays beginning March 7.
For more information, call 412-835-6630.
Wearing of the green
Canonsburg U.P. Church will hold a St. Patrick’s Day luncheon March 11 in Fellowship Hall. Jeff Riker will entertain at 11 a.m. with an interactive spiritual program filled with humor, encouragement and music. A pot roast lunch will be served at noon. Cost is $6.
To RSVP, call 724-745-0800.
DeMarillac Guild at St. Louise de Marillac Church, Upper St. Clair, will meet for a prayer service in celebration of St. Louise Feast Day at 7:30 p.m. March 14. The service will be offered by Mary Ann Garfold in the temporary chapel.
The fashion show will follow in LeGras Parish Center. Phyllis’ Fashions will present spring fashions from petite to plus sizes. For details, contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Benedict the Abbot Church, McMurray, will present its parish musical “Seek the Lord, The Passion of Jesus Christ” at 8 p.m. March 15 and 7:30 p.m. March 16 in the Pope Benedict Activity Center.
This parishioner produced and directed show tells the story and mission of Jesus Christ.
The Friday performance follows the annual Fish Fry from 4-7:15 p.m. Enjoy dinner and a show. A good will offering will be accepted.
Journey through Lent
St. Paul Episcopal Church, Mt. Lebanon, presents “Embracing a Life of Meaning: A Journey through Lent” Wednesdays, through March 20 with Kathleen Norris. Dinner is available at 6:30 p.m. The program starts at 7.
For more information, call 412-531-7153.
The Organ Artists Series of Pittsburgh will present organist Robert McCormick in concert at 4 p.m. March 17 at East Liberty Presbyterian Church.
McCormick is director of music at St. Paul’s Parish in Washington, D.C. He will perform works by Eugène Gigout, Pierre Cochereau and Edward Elgar on ELPC’s Goulding & Wood/Aeolian-Skinner organ, which ranks among the largest and finest organs in the country.
A reception with light refreshments follows the concert. Parking is available adjacent to the venue. Tickets are $12 for adults and $5 for students. For tickets, visit www.oas-series.com or call 412-242-2787.
Christ U.M. Church Bethel Park, will hold the following events:
• Grief Seminar, 7 p.m. March 19. All ages welcome.
• Moses and the Freedom Fanatics, children’s musical, 3 p.m. March 17.
• Women’s Book Study: “The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom,” 7 p.m. Thursdays beginning March 21.
• Can We Really Believe in Heaven?, 7 p.m. March 27. Heaven and the afterlife.
St. Louise de Marillac Parish, Upper St. Clair, offers a Lenten DVD series, “Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Lively Virtues” presented by Father Robert Barron. The series focusing on pride, envy, anger, sloth, gluttony, avarice and lust will be held Mondays. Fee is $18.
To register, call Janet MacDonald at 724-249-3949. Legacy Baptist
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, Canonsburg, holds Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
Choir practice starts at 10:10 a.m.; Sunday school starts at 10:30 a.m. Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
An Easter Basket Family Bingo will be held at 1:30 p.m. March 17 in the Holy Child Gym, Bridgeville. Refreshments will be available. Admission of $8 includes 14 games and a Chinese auction ticket.
For details, call 412-221-4720.
Our Lady of Grace School, Scott Township, will hold its annual dinner auction on March 23 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Southpointe. This year’s theme is “When in Rome.”
For details, call the school office at 412-279-6611.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• VITA income tax preparation, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, through April 15, South Hills Campus, Room 180.
FREE Income tax preparation for seniors citizens and low-income individuals. First come, first serve basis. Phone calls or emails will not be accepted. No numbers given out past 2 p.m.
• GriefShare: Journey Through Grief, 6:30 p.m. March 7, South Hills Campus, Room 171.
Video series combined with a support group discussion. Topics include The Effects of Grief, When Your Spouse Dies, Your Family and Grief, God’s Prescription for Grief and Heaven. Session materials are available at the Chapter 2 Bookstore.
• SageWorks, March 11. The regular meeting will be held at 10 a.m. in Room 171 or 6 p.m. in Room 180.
• The 3 in 1 Tour, 7 p.m. March 14. Dove Award and Grammy Award Nominated and Winning Artists Mandisa, Brandon Heath and Laura Story perform. Tickets are available in the Chapter 2 Bookstore for $20. VIP Experience tickets available at www.itickets.com.
• The Silver Ring Thing, 7-9 p.m. March 15. The Rewind tour is coming for youth and parents. It’s done with comedy, high energy music and special effects. Bring a friend or the whole youth group.
• Consignors are wanted for a Kid’s Resale held 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m. March 22. Make extra cash on gently used kids clothing, equipment and toys. Consignors should contact Holly Smith at email@example.com.
• Tim Hawkins, 4-7 p.m. March 24 in the Worship Center. Clean comedy. Tickets are available in the Chapter 2 Bookstore.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
• The Hamilton Youth Group, “The God Squad,” is open to all teens. The group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays, September-May. Adult leadership, both employed and volunteer, is needed.
For more information, call 412-884-2722. Peters Creek
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, will offer the following:
• Women’s daytime Bible study, 9:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays. Explore the book “James: Mercy Triumphs” by Beth Moore. Childcare is available but all children must be preregistered.
• Women’s evening Bible study, 7-8:30 p.m. Explore the book “Beloved Disciple” by Beth Moore. The study guide will be available for purchase at the meeting. No childcare.
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30-8:30 p.m. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Wednesday groups begin with dinner from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Classes are offered for all ages.
For more information, call 412-833-6111.
St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church, Canonsburg, will hold its Easter bake sale 11 a.m.-1 p.m. March 30. Order are taken for paska, paska with raisins, nut, poppy and apricot rolls. Call 724-225-9593 by March 17.