Senior Citizen Events – March 6
Adult Interest Center, Southminster Presbyterian Church, Mt. Lebanon, meets at 11 a.m. on Fridays. Lunch is served at noon for $6. A meatless entree is offered during Lent.
For details, call 412-343-8900.
Community Library of Castle Shannon will hold computer classes for ages 50 and over. Fee is $5 for both classes.
• An intro to Digital Photography will be offered at 10:15 a.m. March 11 and 13.
• Going, Going, Gone: An Intro to eBay is set for 10:15 a.m. March 18 and 20.
For details, call 412-563-4552.
Exercise for seniors
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, plans the following on Tuesdays, through March 12:
• Arthritis Foundation exercise, 11:15 a.m.
• Tai Chi, 12:15 p.m. Call 412-835-6630.
Hilltoppers of Scott Township will meet at 10 a.m. March 13 at Covenant-Community Presbyterian Church. Bring lunch to eat at noon. Dessert provided. For March only, bring a nonperishable food item for the food bank. Wear green for St. Patrick’s Day.
A representative from Life Pittsburgh will speak on an alternative to nursing home care.
A day trip is planned for May 16. The day includes “Mama” starring Vicki Lawrence and lunch at Lakeview Restaurant. For details, call 412-279-0406.
Mt. Lebanon Recreation Department will hold a Senior Luncheon and Movie Matinee on March 19 for seniors and their guests. Mt. Lebanon residency is not required.
The theme will be Homes & History with John Conti, author of “Living with Styles - The Houses of Mt. Lebanon.”
Sunrise Senior Living & Bethel Park Gracious Retirement Living will sponsor the event.
Check in at 10:30 a.m. for the event held at Mt. Lebanon Rec Center. Preregistration required. Cost of $6/person is due by noon on March 15. Fee includes lunch, 50/50 raffle and a movie.
AFSCME Retired Chapter 13, #8402 will meet at 1 p.m. March 12 at the Golf Club of Washington. All state retired employees are welcome.
Country Meadows in Bridgeville will present a program on identity theft and common scams on March 19. Gather at 2 p.m. in the dining room, Building 3 or at 7 p.m. in the lobby of Building 2.
To register, RSVP to Erika Seibel at 412-257-4566.
Visiting Angels is helping families protect their elderly loved ones by providing Fight the Flu Kits, which include paper towels, Medisim Temple Touch thermometer, vitamin C or boxes of orange juice, pocket hand sanitizers with aloe, pens, Lysol spray, hand soap and hand sanitizer wipes.
Caregivers also help sanitize seniors’ homes and run errands so seniors are not exposed to the flu, take seniors to get their flu shot, or to the doctors.
To find a location, visit www.visitingangels.com.
Vanadium Woods Village in Scott will hold an audiology seminar at 2:30 p.m. March 12. Catherine Palmer, PhD, of the Ear and Eye Institute will host a discussion on assisting caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients with hearing loss.
To register, call 412-221-2900.
Senior Citizen Events – March 6
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Bethel Park student’s class project makes it around the world (47)
Ward Home fundraiser (30)
Peters Twp. twins start Day One clothing line (26)
Seniors – March 5 (25)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)