School News – March 6
Chartiers Valley High School Chorus will hold its annual Bunny Breakfast from 9 a.m.-noon March 23 in the Chartiers Valley High School cafeteria, featuring pancakes and sausage. Children can also have their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. There will be an egg hunt and face painting plus other games and prizes for the kids.
A $7 admission fee will benefit chorus activities throughout the year.
SF to present show
South Fayette High School presents the Tony Award-winning musical comedy “Thoroughly Modern Millie” at 2:30 p.m. March 17, at 7:30 p.m. March 22-23, and at 2:30 p.m. March 24.
A free dress rehearsal for senior citizens with a luncheon will be held prior to the show, at 12:30 p.m. March 17 in the High School Commons. Cost is $6 per person. The alumni of the past 20 year are invited to attend this performance. A reception will also be held following the performance in the High School Commons.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for children/students/senior citizens.
South Fayette Gold Card members are free.
Box office hours are 10 a.m.-noon March 2 and 9; 2-4 p.m. March 11 and 18; and 6-8 p.m. March 13 and 20. Tickets will also be available at the door.
For more information, visit www.southfayette.org or call 412-221-4542.
KO award winners
Keystone Oaks students Kathryn Bissert, Elizabeth Flaherty and Ryan Tang have each been named winners of the prestigious President’s Volunteer Service Award, which recognizes Americans of all ages who have volunteered significant amounts of their time to serve their communities and their country. The award is part of the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program, which also conferred on Bissert a prestigious Award of Excellence for being among the top 10 percent of all applicants in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
CM Band Boosters
The Big Mac Band Boosters will meet at 7:30 p.m. March 19 in the high school band room. Refreshments will be provided.
Peters Township School District will offer the following Parent Information Sessions in the Administration Building:
• March 13 – 6-7:30 p.m. Learn about Inclusive Practices: Opportunities for student engagement in the general education classroom; Brain Steps: Resources for students with head injuries; and parent engagement in the classroom process.
• April 10 – 6-7:30 p.m. Learn more about Transition: Linking parents to transition resources for students 14 years and older.
Fiddler on the Roof
Peters Township High School Thespians will present “Fiddler on the Roof” at 7 p.m. March 21-23.
For ticket information, visit www.weebly.pthsthespians.com. Preordered tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for senior citizens and students. At the door, tickets will be $12 for adults and $7 for senior citizens and students.
Applications are now available for the 2013 Pittsburgh CLO Summer Internship Program. Call 412-281-2234, visit pittsburghCLO.org or email email@example.com.
School News – March 6
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (16)
Bethel Park student’s class project makes it around the world (14)
Brightwood Fire Station preps for demo (13)
Recital honors late piano teacher Sue Garnhart (12)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)