Upper St. Clair middle school students spent more than $1,000 buying tickets for a chance to throw a pie at their teachers during the “Playground Games,” held Mar. 21 at Fort Couch Middle School.
More than 60 teacher volunteers and students from Boyce and Fort Couch Middle Schools took part in the event to raise money for a special needs playground at the Miracle Field at Boyce Mayview Park. The Playground Games included basketball, volleyball and pin knockdown, and in addition to selling tickets to “pie” a teacher, funds were generated through ticket sales, concessions and raffles.
This was the third year for the middle schools to do a joint fundraising event. The first year, “Hoops for a Miracle” raised more than $7,000 for the Miracle Field at Boyce Mayview Park, and last year’s event, “Shooting for the Stars,” generated more than $12,000 for Grady’s All-Stars. Fort Couch teacher Brad Wilson is hopeful that this year’s Playground Games would be equally successful raising money for the proposed special needs playground. Pictured are Boyce Middle School students “pieing” Boyce teachers Justin Gremba and Kevin Clark.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
USC dominates Almanac Elite Eleven All-Star list (16)
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (14)
Organization helping families get “Off the Floor” (14)
Religion - Sept. 11 (12)
Kiernan named Almanac MVP (11)
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (179)
Dogs and cats the same as cows and chickens (31)
Look around: business is booming (30)
Holiday Happenings – Dec. 11 (28)
Sights & Sounds – Dec. 11 (26)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)