Holy Week Services
Brightwood Christian Church:
Brightwood Christian Church will hold the following on Easter Sunday: 8 a.m. service, 9 a.m. pancake breakfast, 9:45 a.m. Sunday school and 11 a.m. worship.
The church is located at West Liberty Avenue and Center Street. For more information, visit www.brightwoodchurch.org.
John McMillan Presbyterian:
• Maundy Thursday service, 7:30 p.m. March 28
• Good Friday, Reflections on the Cross, noon March 29
• Easter Sunday, 7 a.m. Sunrise worship, 7:45 a.m. Easter breakfast, and 8:30 and 11 a.m. worship on March 31
For details, call 412-833-4704.
Christ U.M. Church:
• Labyrinth, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. March 27-28.
• Silent Communion, 4-7 p.m. Maundy Thursday.
• Tenebrae, 7:30 p.m. Good Friday.
• Easter for toddlers-grade six with adult, 10 a.m. March 30. Games, crafts, snacks, egg hunt.
• Easter worship, 6 p.m. March 30, Sunrise service at 7 a.m. March 31, Contemporary 10 and 11:30 a.m. and Cathedral at 8:30, 10 and 11:30 a.m. March 31.
South Hills Church of the Nazarene:
• Maundy Thursday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and 8-9 p.m., interactive Stations of the Cross; 7 p.m. Lord’s Supper service.
• Good Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and 8-9 p.m. interactive Stations of the Cross and 7 p.m. Tenebrae.
• Easter Sunday, 7:30 a.m. Communion on church grounds; 8:30 a.m. Easter breakfast; and 10 a.m. celebration in the sanctuary.
Bethel Presbyterian Church:
• Maundy Thursday, 7:30 p.m. March 28 with a cantata and Communion.
• Good Friday, 7:30 p.m. Tenebrae service.
• Easter Sunday, 10 a.m. will include special music by the choir.
St. Thomas More
During the offertory on Holy Thursday, St. Thomas More Church will take up its annual collection of white tube socks to be donated to Operation Safety Net.
Canonsburg U.P. Church:
• Maundy Thursday Communion service at 7 p.m. March 28.
• Easter worship at 8:30 and 11 a.m.
St. Patrick Parish:
• Holy Thursday Mass includes washing of feet and stripping of the altar, 6:30 p.m. Church will be open until midnight.
• Good Friday, noon private prayer, 1:30 p.m. service, 7 p.m. Passion Play, “Why Must He Die.”
• Holy Saturday, 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. decorate the church, 2 p.m. Blessing of Food.
• Easter Vigil Mass, 8:30 p.m. March 30.
• Easter day Masses, 7:30 a.m., 10 a.m. and noon.
For details, call 724-745-6560.
St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church:
• Maundy Thursday, 7 p.m. Eucharist with washing of feet and stripping of the altar.
• Good Friday, 2 p.m. songs and prayer and 7:30 p.m. Tenebrae service with adult choir.
• Holy Saturday vigil of Easter, 6 p.m.
• Easter will be celebrated with services of Holy Communion and seasonal music at 8:15 and 11 a.m. March 31. Easter breakfast in Dittmer Hall. For details, call 412-279-2952.
The Door Christian Fellowship:
The Door Christian Fellowship, located at 1116 Castle Shannon Blvd. in Castle Shannon, will hold Easter services at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
A mid-week service is also offered, at 7:30 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, visit www.thedoorpittsburgh.com or call 412-308-6463.
Our Redeemer Lutheran Church:
• Maundy Thursday at 7 p.m.
• Good Friday, children at 10 a.m., community at noon and Tenebrae at 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday at 8:30 and 11 a.m. Breakfast at 9:30 a.m. RSVP to 724-941-7467.
The Bible Chapel:
• March 30, 6 p.m.
• March 31, 8 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 11:30 a.m.
Childcare will be available at all services except Sunday at 8 a.m. There will also be an online service at 11:30 a.m.
Trinity United Methodist:
• Easter Sunday, worship at 9:30 and 11 a.m. March 31.
Mt. Lebanon U. L. Church:
• Good Friday services begin at 7:30 p.m.
• Resurrection worship begins at 8, 9 and 10:30 a.m. Easter Sunday.
For details, call 412-563-0300.
Mt. Lebanon U. P. Church:
• Maundy Thursday family fusion dinner at 6 p.m. and family Communion at 7.
• Good Friday Communion at 7:30 p.m.
• Easter Sunday, 9 a.m. contemporary service, 10:15 breakfast and 11:15 traditional.
St. David’s Episcopal Church:
• Maundy Thursday, 7 p.m. March 28
• Good Friday, Meditation noon-3 p.m. March 29 (no service).
• Easter, 10 a.m. March 31
For more details, call 724-941-4060 or visit www.stdavidspt.org.
St. Stephen Lutheran Church:
• Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.
• Maundy Thursday Eucharist at 7:30 p.m.
• Good Friday worship, 12:30 and 7:30 p.m.
• Easter Vigil, 7:30 p.m.
• Easter Sunday Eucharists begin at 7:30 and 10:30 a.m.
Peters Creek Baptist Church:
• All for Love presentation, 7:30 p.m. March 28, 29.
• Easter services at 8, 9:30 and 11 a.m. A continental breakfast will be served 9-11 a.m. For details, call 412-833-6111.
Upper St. Clair
Westminster Presbyterian Church:
• Labyrinth Walk, indoors and outdoors, through March 30.
• House of Manna: Fourth Annual Prayer 4 Peace March, March 29. Leave the church at 8:45 a.m.
• Maundy Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
• Bach’s St. Matthew Passion, 2 p.m. Good Friday.
• Easter Sunday, 6:30, 8:30, 9:45 and 11 a.m.
For details, call 412-835-6630.
Peters Creek Presbyterian Church:
• Maundy Thursday, 7 p.m.
• Good Friday Service, 7 p.m.
• Easter Sunday includes a worship service at 8:30 a.m., followed by a children’s celebration at 9:45 and a worship service at 11.
For more information, call 724-941-6210.
Holy Week Services
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Park resident among those missing on Malaysia Airlines flight (165)
Program sheds light on Affordable Healthcare Act (86)
Army Reserves members read to students (74)
Bethel Park student’s class project makes it around the world (71)
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (60)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)