Church Easter Egg Hunt to include giveaways, games and bounce houses
Journey Church, Bridgeville, will hold its annual Community Easter Egg Hunt from 2-4 p.m. March 30.
There will be more than 2,000 Easter eggs and four large inflatable bounce houses and obstacle courses. Giveaways include four kids bicycles and $100 worth of Toys-R-Us gift cards. The free event will also feature numerous other games and events for kids, plus hotdogs and popcorn.
The event will be held rain or shine.
For more information, call 412-221-1910 or “Like” Journey Church on Facebook.
St. John’s Orthodox Church, Canonsburg, will hold a Quality Children’s Resale April 5-6 in Fellowship Hall of the church.
Gently used spring and summer clothing for boys and girls, infant through teens, junior and young men’s sizes, plus miscellaneous children’s items will be available for purchase. There will also be a bake sale.
Hours on Friday are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday (half-price sale) are 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Proceeds benefit a nonprofit organization.
Christian Mothers and Guild at St. Patrick Parish, Canonsburg, will meet at 7 p.m. April 3 in the cafeteria.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will offer Curious Tales of the Talmud, a new six-week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning that will give insight to recognize the pervading goodness within everything, courage to navigate life’s most rugged moments, and an appreciation of the Jewish literary heritage.
The course will be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning April 24, or 10:15 a.m. Sundays, beginning April 21.
Call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com for registration and course-related information.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, will offer the following:
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30-8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Women’s Evening Bible Study, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Exploring the book “Beloved Disciple.”
• Women’s Daytime Bible Study, 9:30-11 a.m. on Tuesdays. Exploring the book “James: Mercy Triumphs.”
• Wednesday groups begin with dinner from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Classes are offered for all ages.
• GriefShare classes, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturdays.
For more information, call 412-833-6111.
Christ U.M. Church Bethel Park, will hold the following events:
• Can We Really Believe in Heaven?, 7 p.m. March 27. Heaven and the afterlife. Bible Chapel
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Encountering the Footsteps of Jesus tour, March 31-April 9, 2014. Encounter the power and presence of Christ by traveling to His homeland in Galilee, Jerusalem. Discount offered for registration by April 1.
• Women’s Tea, 10 a.m. April 20, Family Life Center, with guest speaker Marsha Pleta. Bring a favorite mug or teacup. Cost is $1.
• God’s Not Dead concert, featuring Newsboys, All Things New and Campbell, 7 p.m. April 25 in the Worship Center. Limited general admission tickets are available in Chapter 2 Bookstore inside The Bible Chapel.
• VITA income tax preparation, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, through April 15, Room 180.
FREE Income tax preparation for seniors citizens and low-income individuals. First come, first serve basis. Phone calls or emails will not be accepted. No numbers given out past 2 p.m.
• Journey to the Cross, 6 p.m. March 27 and 28, and 10 a.m. March 29. A self-guided walking tour through the events of the Lord’s crucifixion.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Canonsburg U.P. Church will feature an Easter laser show at 8 p.m. March 29 and 30. Free will offering will benefit local charities and families.
For more information, call 724-745-0800.
Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church in Canonsburg holds Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Lent. Bible Study is held at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
Monthly Healing Services with anointing are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
Worship is held at 5 p.m. Saturdays and 8 and 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
For information, call 724-745-0685.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will hold The Prodigal God: A Bible Study at 10 a.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 412-835-6630. Legacy Baptist
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, Canonsburg, holds Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
Choir practice starts at 10:10 a.m.; Sunday school starts at 10:30 a.m. Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
• The Hamilton Youth Group, “The God Squad,” is open to all teens. The group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays, September-May. Adult leadership, both employed and volunteer, is needed.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
St. Thomas More Parish, Bethel Park, will hold an “April Showers” High Tea at noon April 6 in the Family Life Center. Fashions will be presented by Macy’s. Tickets are $25/adults and $15/ages under 10 and may be purchased at the parish office.
Jesus Fellowship Church, Bethel Park, presents Paradosi Ballet Company “Awakening: A Night of Worship and Testimony” at 7 p.m. April 25. Join Paradosi, the first professional Christian ballet company in the northwestern United States, for an evening of worship, testimony and prayer.
Call Jesus Fellowship at 412-854-3137 to reserve a ticket. Cost is $12 and seats are limited.
To view a promo video, visit www.jfbp.net.
Church Easter Egg Hunt to include giveaways, games and bounce houses
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Spoonwood Brewing to open this fall in Bethel (593)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (327)
Peters Township keeping pace in Section 5 baseball (131)
Canon-Mac, South Fayette advance to Final Four in wrestling (100)
Bethel Park wins national hockey championship (82)
Celebrate Indian Pride fundraiser (81)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (62)
Fundraisers - April 16 (48)
Recovery is the only antidote to the drug issue (46)
Franklin Regional incident hits too close to home (46)