High Tea to include fashion show by Macy’s
St. Thomas More Parish, Bethel Park, will hold an “April Showers” High Tea at noon April 6 in the Family Life Center. Fashions will be presented by Macy’s. Tickets are $25/adults and $15/ages under 10 and may be purchased at the parish office.
St. Benedict the Abbot Church, McMurray, will hold Eucharistic Adoration from 9 a.m.-10 p.m. April 4.
St. John’s Orthodox Church, Canonsburg, will hold a Quality Children’s Resale April 5-6 in Fellowship Hall. Gently used spring and summer clothing for boys and girls, infant through teens, junior and young men’s sizes, plus miscellaneous children’s items will be available for purchase. There will also be a bake sale. Hours on Friday are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday (half-price sale) are 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Christian Seniors at Canonsburg U.P. Church will hold its spring luncheon at 11 a.m. April 5. Sam Baer from Senior Life will speak about Health Care Solutions. Spaghetti and meatballs will be served at noon. Cost is $6. To attend, call 724-745-0800.
Our Lady of Grace Church in Scott Township will celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday on April 7. A Holy Hour with prayers, procession with the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction will start at 3 p.m. For more information, call 412-276-3374.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, will hold the following events in April:
• Start Becoming a Good Samaritan, 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays.
• Rethinking Resurrection, 9:30 a.m. April 7, 14.
• Triple A: Container Gardening with master gardener Ron Boron, noon April 10.
• Concert fundraiser, 7:30 p.m. April 13. Debbie Schneider (piano), Charles May (violin), Mary Amrhein-May (cello), Jim Caprio (guitar) and Amanda Sage (flute). A cookie reception will follow. Freewill offering with support to Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation and music ministries of Christ Church.
Peters Township Area Church Women United will hold its spring luncheon April 10 at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. The Bible Study, “I Was a Stranger and You Welcomed Me” will be led by the Rev. Dr. Ann E. Schmid. Christian women of all denominations are welcome.
Community of Christ, Bethel Park, will sponsor Dinner for a Dollar 5-7 p.m. April 11. Cost for the spaghetti dinner is $1 or $3 for a family. For more information, call 412-443-2100.
Night of Champions
St. Thomas More Parish, Bethel Park, will sponsor the 2013 Extravaganza “A Night of Champions” at 7 p.m. April 12 at the St. Clair Country Club. Basket raffle, silent auction. For more information, call Lisa Lutheran at 412-851-1144.
Baldwin United Methodist Church will offer a three-day trip to Allenberry & Gettysburg Sept. 26-28.
Enjoy the first day/night at the Allenberry Resort with buffet dinner and “Patsy Cline” at the Allenberry Theater. Day two features a trip to Gettysburg to tour the Museum, Film and Cyclorama at the Gettysburg Visitors Center. Later, take a guided Battlefield Tour before checking into the Country Inn and Suites to freshen up before a Colonial Dinner at the Fairfield Inn. Day three includes a tour of Eisenhower Farm and buffet lunch at Dobbin House. Depart Gettysburg with a stop at Round Barn in Biglerville for shopping.
Cost per person is $531 single occupancy, $435/double and $376 triple and includes transportation, lodging, meals and all stops listed, baggage handling, taxes, guide, meal and driver gratuity.
A $100 deposit per person (first come, first served) is required. Final payment due by Aug. 20. For cancellation/refund or other information, call Elaine Lewis at 412-885-4560.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will offer Curious Tales of the Talmud, a new six-week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning that will give insight to recognize the pervading goodness within everything, courage to navigate life’s most rugged moments, and an appreciation of the Jewish literary heritage.
The course will be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning April 24, or 10:15 a.m. Sundays, beginning April 21.
Call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com for registration and course-related information.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, will offer the following:
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30-8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Women’s Evening Bible Study, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Exploring the book “Beloved Disciple.”
• Women’s Daytime Bible Study, 9:30-11 a.m. on Tuesdays. Exploring the book “James: Mercy Triumphs.”
• Wednesday groups begin with dinner from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Classes are offered for all ages.
• GriefShare classes, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturdays.
For more information, call 412-833-6111.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Women’s Tea, 10 a.m. April 20, Family Life Center. Guest speaker will be Marsha Pleta. Bring a favorite mug or teacup. Cost is $10. Register at biblechapel.org.
• National Drug Take Back, 5 p.m. April 17, and 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. April 20 and 21 in the main lobby before and after services. Peters Township Police will be at the church to take collections of outdated medications of any kind without any questions.
• “God’s Not Dead,” featuring Newsboys, All Things New and Campbell, 7 p.m. April 25 at the Worship Center. Limited general admission tickets are available in the Chapter 2 Bookstore inside The Bible Chapel.
• Wing Night – Saturday Nights in the Café, 5:30 p.m. April 27. Wings will be served before and after the service, and live music and fellowship will follow the service. Dinner special will include four large wings (choice of three flavors) and a side. Connections Café is now accepting debit cards.
• VITA income tax preparation, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, through April 15, Room 180.
FREE Income tax preparation for seniors citizens and low-income individuals. First come, first serve basis. Phone calls or emails will not be accepted. No numbers given out past 2 p.m.
• Encountering the Footsteps of Jesus tour, March 31-April 9, 2014. Encounter the power and presence of Christ by traveling to His homeland in Galilee, Jerusalem.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will hold The Prodigal God: A Bible Study at 10 a.m. Thursdays. For more information, call 412-835-6630. Legacy Baptist
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, Canonsburg, holds Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
• Choir practice starts at 10:10 a.m.; Sunday school starts at 10:30 a.m. Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Thursdays. For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
• The Hamilton Youth Group, “The God Squad,” is open to all teens. The group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays, September-May. Adult leadership, both employed and volunteer, is needed.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
Jesus Fellowship Church, Bethel Park, presents Paradosi Ballet Company “Awakening: A Night of Worship and Testimony” at 7 p.m. April 25. Join Paradosi, the first professional Christian ballet company in the northwestern United States, for an evening of worship, testimony and prayer.
Call 412-854-3137 to reserve a ticket. Cost is $12 and seats are limited.
To view a promo video, visit www.jfbp.net.