Briefs – April 3
Port Authority passes
Port Authority passes will now be sold on ConnectCard at nearly 50 Giant Eagle locations throughout Allegheny County and surrounding areas. Riders who already have ConnectCards may also visit these locations to reload their cards. For more information, call Port Authority Customer Service at 412-442-2000 or visit www.connectcard.org.
Country Meadows receives 5-star rating
Country Meadows of South Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has received the highest possible overall rating of five stars in U.S. News & World Report’s fifth annual Best Nursing Homes.
Baptist Homes is seeking volunteers in a number of its operational areas, including escorting residents to and from activities, therapy, beauty parlor and chapel; assisting with evening activities for residents with dementia; and passing food trays and helping with service for lunch or dinner.
Volunteers receive a free lunch and have free access to Baptist Homes’ state-of-the-art Wellness Center. For more information contact Dionne Rose, activity director/volunteer coordinator at 412-572-8254 or email email@example.com.
Reading Is FUNdamental Pgh awarded 12,000 books
Reading Is FUNdamental Pittsburgh will provide local children with 12,000 books from Reading Is Fundamental thanks to a longtime partnership with Macy’s. Funds were raised during Macy’s 2012 Be Book Smart campaign to benefit RIF and will help address critical gaps in the city of Pittsburgh – ensuring children living in need have books to call their own.
The Be Book Smart campaign encouraged Macy’s customers coast-to-coast to give $3 to help provide books for children in their local communities. Through the program, customers received $10 off in-store purchases of $50 or more, and Macy’s donated 100 percent of every $3 to RIF.
Briefs – April 3
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (9)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (8)
Twerking halts Peters Township dance (8)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)