PT board announces staff changes
After a lengthy discussion April 15 regarding parents objections to the fifth and sixth grade Human Growth and Development classes at the middle school, after which no official action was taken, members of the Peters Township School Board learned the next finance committee meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. April 29. School districts are mandated by the state to adopt a final budget by June 30. A preliminary budget is generally passed by the end of May.
Board member Ron Dunleavy told the board the high school football field was tested April 10 for impact safety. The results of the test are pending with no date announced.
Stacey Wahl was approved as a long-term substitute as a part-time special education learning support teacher at Pleasant Valley. This is a newly created position. No salary was listed.
Carissa Gans of California University of Pennsylvania was approved as a student intern from Aug. 26 to Dec. 6 in the high school counseling department.
Lisa Harrison was moved from the part-time paraprofessional position at the middle school to a full-time paraprofessional at the high school at a salary of $14.82 per hour. David Timms, was approved as a custodian at the high school at a rate of $15.35 an hour effective April 22.
Kevin Kocher was appointed as the drama tech director for the spring play.
In the athletic department, Michael Kaplan and Daniel Ruby were named to split positions as lacrosse assistant boys coaches.
Renewed were Chelsea Stockhausen as cheerleading head sponsor, Gary Goga as the boys basketball head coach, Justin Pinto as the indoor winter track head coach, Thomas Fletcher as swimming and diving head coach, and Jason Carpetta as wrestling head coach.
In other action, the board:
• Accepted a donation of $3,000 from the Peters Township High School PTSA to purchase four iPads, four Apple televisions, four cords for the televisions, $400 toward a laptop computer for the art department and 37 small white boards for the high school chemistry teachers.
• Approved a bid for school buses in the amount of $55,251 from School Bus Supply Co., and a bid of $78,973 from Myers Equipment Corp. funded by the Capital Project Fund.
• Accepted a donation of $2,586 from Pleasant Valley PTA to purchase one Miracle recreation swing set for the school.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. May 20.
PT board announces staff changes
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
PIAA win cures ailing CV Colts (113)
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (57)
Bower Hill organizes food drive to honor Roberto Clemente (42)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (40)
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (175)
PIAA win cures ailing CV Colts (48)
Ward Home fundraiser (25)
Bower Hill organizes food drive to honor Roberto Clemente (23)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)