Paradosi Ballet Company to perform at Jesus Fellowship
Jesus Fellowship Church, Bethel Park, presents Paradosi Ballet Company “Awakening: A Night of Worship and Testimony” at 7 p.m. April 25. Join Paradosi, the first professional Christian ballet company in the northwestern U.S., for worship, testimony and prayer.
Call 412-854-3137 to reserve a ticket. Cost is $12.
To view a promo video, visit www.jfbp.net.
Book review class
First Bethel United Methodist Church will offer a Book Review Class with Jack Aupperle Wednesdays during the month of April. Each review will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Susanna Wesley Lounge. It is not necessary to read the book in order to benefit from and participate in the discussion. Reviews will include: April 17 – “Blood, Guts and Prayer” by Michael Keane. Keane’s book deals with General George Patton as a man of faith. The curious blend of profanity, destiny and prayer makes for a good discussion.
For more information, call 412-835-0700.
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, will hold the following events in April:
• Start Becoming a Good Samaritan, 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays.
• Home of Hope/Home of Hope Outreach, 7 p.m. April 24 and 9:30 a.m. April 28. Learn of children who reside at the orphanage in Nyadire.
For more information, call 412-835-6621.
St. Joan of Arc Appalachian Work Camp will sponsor an oldies dance featuring Mansfield 5, April 27 in Library. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. Chinese auction and 50/50 raffle. Tickets are $30. Proceeds benefit this year’s work camp.
For reservations, call Debbie Lafferty at 412-913-4445.
My New Life
Bethany Presbyterian Church, Bridgeville, will hold a program, “My New Life” presented by Dr. John Mazzola at 10 a.m. April 27, May 4 and 11. Learn steps to get rid of fears of rejection, failure and commitment.
Question and answer period, discussion groups and refreshments are included.
For more information, call 412-600-0518.
Baldwin United Methodist Church will offer a three-day trip to Allenberry & Gettysburg Sept. 26-28.
Enjoy the first day/night at the Allenberry Resort with buffet dinner and “Patsy Cline” at the Allenberry Theater. Day two features a trip to Gettysburg to tour the Museum, Film and Cyclorama at the Gettysburg Visitors Center.
Later, take a guided Battlefield Tour before checking into the Country Inn and Suites to freshen up before a Colonial Dinner at the Fairfield Inn. Day three includes a tour of Eisenhower Farm and buffet lunch at Dobbin House. Depart Gettysburg with a stop at Round Barn in Biglerville for shopping.
Cost per person is $531 single occupancy, $435/double and $376 triple and includes transportation, lodging, meals and all stops listed, baggage handling, taxes, guide, meal and driver gratuity.
A $100 deposit per person (first come, first served) is required. Final payment due by Aug. 20.
For cancellation/refund or other information, call Elaine Lewis at 412-885-4560.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will offer Curious Tales of the Talmud, a new six-week course from the Rohr Jewish Learning that will give insight to recognize the pervading goodness within everything, courage to navigate life’s most rugged moments, and an appreciation of the Jewish literary heritage.
The course will be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning April 24, or 10:15 a.m. Sundays, beginning April 21.
Call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com for registration and course-related information.
• Lag B’Omer festivities, beginning at noon on April 28. Enjoy a barbeque lunch, lively bird show, music and children’s activities. Cost is $30 per family.
RSVP to 412-344-2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Women’s Tea, 10 a.m. April 20, Family Life Center. Guest speaker will be Marsha Pleta. Bring a favorite mug or teacup. Cost is $10.
• National Drug Take Back, 5 p.m. April 17, and 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. April 20 and 21 in the main lobby before and after services. Peters Township Police will take collections of outdated medications of any kind without any questions.
• “God’s Not Dead,” featuring Newsboys, All Things New and Campbell, 7 p.m. April 25 at the Worship Center. General admission tickets are available in the Chapter 2 Bookstore inside The Bible Chapel.
• Wing Night – Saturday Nights in the Café, 5:30 p.m. April 27. Wings will be served before and after the service, and live music and fellowship will follow the service. Dinner special.
• Bible Institute classes provided by Dallas Theological Seminary, Informational meetings, April 20 and 21 at the South Hills campus and additional locations. Earn a Master of Arts in Christian Leadership or just take a class or two through Bible Institute classes. For more information, visit biblechapel.org.
• Encountering the Footsteps of Jesus tour, March 31-April 9, 2014. Encounter the power and presence of Christ by traveling to His homeland in Galilee, Jerusalem.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, will offer the following:
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30-8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Women’s Evening Bible Study, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Exploring the book “Beloved Disciple.”
• Women’s Daytime Bible Study, 9:30-11 a.m. on Tuesdays. Exploring the book “James: Mercy Triumphs.”
• Wednesday groups begin with dinner from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Classes are offered for all ages.
• GriefShare classes, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturdays.
For more information, call 412-833-6111.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will hold The Prodigal God: A Bible Study at 10 a.m. Thursdays. For more information, call 412-835-6630.
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, Canonsburg, holds Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
• Choir practice starts at 10:10 a.m.; Sunday school starts at 10:30 a.m. Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Thursdays. For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
Center Presbyterian Church, McMurray, offers traditional worship services at 8:30 and 11 a.m. Sundays, with Holy Communion offered at the 11 a.m. service.
On April 21, Dr. John Aupperle will lead worship.
Call the church with questions at 724-941-9050.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays. Music will feature a three-four piece band led by Tom Coyne and supported by local vocalists. A message will be presented by the Rev. Lance Chapman.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
• The Hamilton Youth Group, “The God Squad,” is open to all teens. The group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Sundays, September-May. Adult leadership, both employed and volunteer, is needed.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
The Bridgeville Ministerium will sponsor a Bridgeville Prayer Breakfast from 7-8 a.m. on National Day of Prayer, May 2, at Bethany Presbyterian Church, Bridgeville.
Congressional Representative and Guest of Honor Tim Murphy will present the opening address, then prayers for the community, the Commonwealth and the country will be offered by local pastors and ministers from the churches that comprise the Bridgeville Ministerium.
A light breakfast and time for fellowship will follow.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, contact Pastor Bryan Thiessen, Journey Church and President of the Bridgeville Ministerium, at 412-956-1910.
Emmanuel United Presbyterian Church, Eighty-Four will hold a Mother-Daughter-Friend Banquet at 6 p.m. May 9.
Cost is $11 per person. Call Lila at 724-377-1382 to make reservations.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will hold a baccalaureate Mass for all 2013 high school seniors at 11:30 a.m. May 19. A reception will follow in the Family Life Center. Call Kelly Spadoni at 412-969-8374 to RSVP.
Vacation Bible school
Peters Creek Presbyterian Church, 250 Brookwood Road, Venetia invites all children of the community finishing preschool to fifth grade to vacation Bible school, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 8-12.
Children will learn about God’s love for them through a different Bible story every day. Each morning is filled with games, crafts, snacks, songs and fun.
Call the church at 724-941-6210 to register.
Paradosi Ballet Company to perform at Jesus Fellowship
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (31)
Mt. Lebanon hosts Art in the Park (31)
Mt. Lebanon man’s foundation fosters peace (26)
Dormont House Tour set for Oct. 6 (25)
Pet Search finds animals forever homes (25)
Cecil police dog hit by vehicle while chasing theft suspect (135)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (101)
Three new members on Peters Twp. School Board (68)
Minton-Beddoes: Economy growing, but slowly (51)
PrimeAir concept a lofty pipe dream – for now (50)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)