Mt. Lebanon Earth Day
The Mt. Lebanon Environmental Team will host this year’s Earth Day, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. April 27 at Mt. Lebanon Park. The family-friendly event includes food, eco-friendly gifts, farm goods, live music, educational experiences and outdoor activities for all ages. Admission is free.
See a Chevy “Volt” and electric scooters and bikes. Volunteers from the high school’s environmental club will be on hand all day, Girl Scouts will provide children’s activities and demonstrations and the PTA will collect old sneakers for Nike’s recycling program. Shoes do not need to be Nikes to be donated. Boy Scout Troop 28 will have a climbing wall, Pittsburgh Center For Creative Reuse is hosting a “Reuse-a-palooza” and ZeroFossil will power things up with green energy generators.
Participants can produce their own sustainable energy.
Visit with other popular nonprofit groups such as Conservation Consultants Inc., Farm To Table, Penn Future and Construction Junction. PitaLand, Betsy’s Ice Cream, Logan Family Farm and Orbis Caffe will be there with treats for purchase.
For more information, visit www.earthdaymtlebanon.org.
Mt. Lebanon Earth Day
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Page turns caddie job into scholarship cash (220)
90-year-old Bethel Park man graduating from University of Pittsburgh (196)
South Fayette in the wrong in bully case (190)
Canon-McMillan approves redistricting plan (156)
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (152)
Canon-McMillan approves redistricting plan (86)
Fundraiser - April 23 (79)
Proud of international baccalaureate education (69)
South Fayette in the wrong in bully case (58)
Mt. Lebanon signals need to be upgraded (51)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)