Tyler Roth Mt. Lebanon • SeniorPublished Apr 29, 2013 at 2:47 pm (Updated Apr 29, 2013 at 2:47 pm)
SPORTS: Football, basketball
• In first season as quarterback, set several school and season passing records.
• Passed for a record 2,514 yards and 28 TDs.
• Shattered passing standards for yards (365) and TDs (5) in a game.
• Completed 156 of 295 aerials.
• Maintained a 43.6-yard average per punt.
• Led Lebo to conference championship and WPIAL playoffs.
• All-Conference and All-Almanac, twice in football.
• PG Fab 22.
• Team captain in two sports.
• Led Lebo in scoring, rebounds and assists this basketball season.
• Averaged 14.5 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists per game.
• Three-year letterwinner, two-year starter in basketball.
• Played on Lebo’s PIAA runner-up team as a sophomore.
• Maintains 4.6 QPA.
• National Honor Society member.
• Will play football at Princeton University and major in mechanical engineering.
Coach’s comment: According to Lebo field general Mike Melnyk, Tyler was a true leader. When he makes a mistake, he stands up and takes responsibility for his action, which is a more impressive characteristic than never making a mistake. Tyler possesses integrity and honesty. He leads by example. He is a tremendous competitor but an even better young man. To be accepted to such a prestigious college to study and play football is a grueling process. It speaks volumes for Tyler as an athlete, student and person.