Mike Minjock Peters Township • SeniorPublished Apr 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm (Updated Apr 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm)
Peters Township • Senior
• All-Conference, first team tailback. Almanac All-Star. Observer-Reporter All-District team.
• Offensive MVP.
• Set single-season school record with 19 TDs.
• Set school record with his 28.2 yards per kick-off return.
• Ranks No. 3 in school history for single-season yardage.
• Ranked No. 2 among Quad-A rushers and No. 16 in WPIAL.
• Rushed for 1,323 yards on 190 carries this fall.
• Averaged 7.0 yards per carry.
• Helped PT to three straight playoff appearances.
• KDKA Extra Effort Award winner, Tribune Review Player of the Week., WPXI Eat’n Park Player of the Week nominee.
• WPIAL finalist in 400-meter relay.
• Runs 100-meter dash in 11.0.
• Maintains 4.0 GPA.
• Registered a perfect 800 on math section of SAT and a perfect 36 ACT math score.
• AP Scholar.
• Future Business Leaders of America.
• Will play football and major in engineering at Carnegie Mellon University.
Coaches comment: According to Rich Piccinini, Mike was a big reason why PT made a school-record, third straight appearance in the football playoffs. “He was a true leader on and off the field. A very intelligent person who leads by example,” Piccinini said. “He has a tremendous upside and his future is bright. Mike will be hugely successful in anything that he sets out to achieve. While he is a great player, Mike’s an even better person.”