Brody Taylor Bethel Park • SeniorPublished Apr 29, 2013 at 2:45 pm (Updated Apr 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm)
SPORTS: Golf, hockey
• Three-year starter and team captain in golf.
• Led Hawks to section title, first since 1988.
• Helped BP finish fourth as a team in the WPIAL.
• PIAA state qualifier.
• Two-time regional qualifier.
• Finished 14th in the PIAA championships.
• Posted lowest score (68) and earned medalist honors in WPIAL semifinals.
• Sectional medalist.
• Placed in Top 12 in the WPIAL district finals.
• Member of Penguins Cup championship club and state runner-up team in 2012. In last year’s state final, scored a goal. Led team to the 2013 PIHL semifinals.
• A defenseman, he scored seven goals and had eight assists this winter.
• Played amateur hockey for SHAHA Panthers, Pittsburgh Hornets and Predators.
• Maintains 3.75 QPA.
• Volunteers at First Food & Friends Soup Kitchen.
• Teaches hockey to autistic students.
• Participated in the JDRF Walk For the Cure.
Coaches comments: According to ice boss Jim McVay, Brody is a dedicated student athlete, even when hockey and golf overlap for two months of the year. “It is not easy to go from golf to hockey. Yet, Brody runs and pushes himself to transform from one of the best golfers in the state to a hockey player who, by the end of the year, morphs into one of the top players on our tops lines. Brody is a great young man who has excelled state wide in two sports.”