Canonsburg man burnedPublished Apr 30, 2013 at 9:04 am (Updated Apr 30, 2013 at 9:04 am)
A Canonsburg man suffered burns the night of April 27 when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.
Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.
A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.
Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.
Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.