Canonsburg man burned

Bookmark and Share
Make text smaller Make text larger

A Canonsburg man suffered burns the night of April 27 when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.


Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.


A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.


Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.


Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.


Bookmark and Share Make text smaller Make text larger

Comments

Published Apr 30, 2013 at 9:04 am (Updated Apr 30, 2013 at 9:04 am)

Canonsburg man burned

What you Need to Know
  • Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
  • Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
  • Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
  • Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
  • To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
  • To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button

You must register, sign-in or Facebook Login Button to make a comment.


Most Popular
Tell us here at
The Almanac what
you think!
April
2014
Monday
21
S M T W T F S
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
May