Seniors – May 1
Adult Interest Center, Southminster Presbyterian Church, Mt. Lebanon, meets at 11 a.m. Fridays. Lunch is served at noon for $6. Senior Pastor Dan Merry and his wife, Beth, will share photos and memories from their travels to Sou
Strabane Trails Village, Washington, will present Cahal Dunne, singer, songwriter and pianist at 2:30 p.m. May 23. To register, call 724-225-4100.
Hilltoppers of Scott Township will meet at 10 a.m. May 8 at Covenant-Community Presbyterian Church. Bring lunch. Demonstrations will be provided by Carnegie Science Center.
• Rat Pack and Football Legends day trip is set for Sept. 13. Fee is $98. Includes bus, lunch, show, visit to Football Hall of Fame, treat and tips. For information, call 412-279-0406.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, will hold a Senior Information Fair from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. May 4 at the Family Life Center. Representatives from community-wide resources will be available to answer questions about health, legal, financial, housing and Medicare options for retirement years.
Bethel Park independent retirement community plans events to honor mothers:
• Jazz concert featuring The Robbie Klein Duo, 2 p.m. May 3. Lunch served at 12:30 p.m.
• Gardening class, 2 p.m. May 4. Learn to plant a container garden.
• Craft Day, 2 p.m. May 5. Create a photo keepsake. Bring two/three family photos.
To RSVP, call 412-833-3220.
Holiday Retirement-Bethel Park will welcome the community to celebrate mothers during the month of May. Events, activities and seminars will be held to honor mothers.
• Jazz Night – 2 p.m. May 3. Special chef prepared luncheon at 12:30 p.m. followed by the concert featuring The Robbie Klein Duo.
• Let’s Talk Seniors – 2 p.m. May 4. Learn how to plant a long-lasting container garden at a gardening class. Call to RSVP - all materials included.
• Craft Day – 2 p.m. May 5. Make a special photo keepsake for Mother’s Day. RSVP required. Bring 2-3 family photos to use for the craft.
Each event is free. Bethel Park (www.bethel-park.net) is located at 2960 Bethel Church Road.
To RSVP or learn more, call 412-833-3220.
Vanadium Woods Village, Scott, plans the following events:
• Veterans Aid seminar, 2:30 p.m. May 2. Learn about financial assistance for a senior living residence.
• Cahal Dunne will entertain with Irish music, 2:30 p.m. May 15.
To register, call 412-221-2900.
Peters Township Parks and Recreation will sponsor the following programs for senior citizens:
• Picnics, noon May 8 in the multi-purpose room and 4 p.m. June 12 at picnic shelter 4.
• Bus trip May 23. Visit the Heinz History Center, have lunch at the Spaghetti Warehouse then visit the Carnegie Science Center. Depart at 9:30 a.m. and return about 5:30 p.m. Fee is $95. For more information, call 724-942-5000.
Senior Living Advisors and Gallagher Home Health will sponsor Julian Gray Associates and the Western PA Healthcare Professional’s Conference at 7:30 a.m. May 10 at the DoubleTree Hotel Green Tree. Professionals will learn the latest updates and changes in the healthcare industry. For more information, call 412-833-4400.
Collier Township Parks & Recreation will hold its monthly senior lunch/movie at noon on May 14. Preregistration is required by calling 412-279-2525 or emailing Lisa Novak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hilltoppers of Scott Township plan a day trip for May 16. The day includes “Mama” starring Vicki Lawrence and lunch at Lakeview Restaurant.
For more information, call 412-279-0406.
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA provides training for health care providers on recognizing signs of elder abuse in patients. In addition to married couples and dating partners, domestic violence occurs between blood relatives.
For more information, call 724-223-5477 in Washington County.
Seniors – May 1
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
St. Clair Hospital named in Top 10 in nationwide hospitals (144)
Alavi leads PT into PIHL semifinals (105)
Poprik – Capelli (93)
Fish Fries & Lenten Dinners – Week of March 5 (75)
Siak, Worcester lead BP into PIHL semifinals (69)
Siak, Worcester lead BP into PIHL semifinals (133)
Alavi leads PT into PIHL semifinals (19)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)