Kristina Coyne Chartiers Valley • SeniorPublished May 9, 2013 at 11:51 am (Updated May 9, 2013 at 11:52 am)
SPORTS: Volleyball, basketball, track, football
• All-time Chartiers Valley record holder with 15 varsity letters.
• Four-year letterwinner in outdoor track. WPIAL finalist in high hurdles and high jump. PIAA qualifier. Holds school record for high jump.
• Four-year letterwinner and three-year starter in basketball. Led Colts to three section titles, three PIAA Final Four appearances. Captained Colts to WPIAL Quad-A finals and runner-up showing.
• Starting middle hitter on volleyball team. All-section honors.
• Two-time PIAA state qualifier in 60-meter hurdles (9.63 seconds).
• All-Conference placekicker in football. Three-year letterwinner.
• All-Section sweeper and three-year letterwinner in soccer.
• Maintains 3.9 GPA.
• Participant in the LeadAmerica Leadership Conference.
• National Honor Society. SADD President. Leadership Assistant. Renaissance Club, French Club.
• Volunteers at the Jubilee Soup Kitchen, John Heinz Child Development Center, Special Olympics.
• Will attend Eastern Michigan.
COMMENTS: In summing up all the letters of recommendation from her coaches, Spencer Stefko, her basketball floor boss this said of Kristina that while she is an elite athlete and excellent student, he has never encountered a better person. She has an impossibly large heart, the patience of Job, the will of Mandela and the loyalty of Abraham. She inspires all with whom she comes in contact. She breaks barriers and instills in others that there are no limitations in what can be achieved. She will be wildly successful in whatever she pursues in her life.