OLG celebrates 50th anniversary with 40 Hours DevotionPublished Jun 5, 2013 at 6:33 am (Updated Jun 3, 2013 at 11:03 am)
‘40 Hours Devotion’
Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, will celebrate “40 Hours Devotion” June 9-14, in honor of the Year of Faith and the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the church.
Eucharistic Adoration will take place from 12:30-9 p.m. June 9, from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. June 10 and 11, and from 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. June 12. Daily devotions will include the Rosary at noon, Divine Mercy Chaplet at 3 p.m., and evening prayer at 6 p.m.
A Festival of Praise led by Franciscan Sisters, T.O.R. will take place 7-8:30 p.m. June 10.
An outdoor Eucharistic procession to the Marian Grotto will take place at 7 p.m. June 11.
A closing Holy Hour, led by Fr. John Gallagher, will take place 7-8 p.m. June 12 with a reception to follow.
• “Oremus: A Guide to Catholic Prayer” takes place from 7:30-9 p.m. through June 27. Cost is $20.
For more information, call 412-279-7070.
Old St. Luke’s Church, Burial Ground and Garden, located at 330 Old Washington Pike in Scott Township, will hold an Open House from 1:30-4 p.m. each Sunday, June through August. The Burial Ground contains the graves of veterans, beginning with the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
For more information, call 412-489-3795
Former Steeler to speak
Thomas Presbyterian Church, Eighty Four, will host former Pittsburgh Steeler Craig Wolfley at 7 p.m. June 19.
Wolfley is a 12-year veteran of the NFL who played 10 years with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Wolfley remains a Steeler as a member of the game day network broadcast team, and also co-hosts a radio show with his best friend and former line mate Tunch Ilkin on 970am ESPN Pittsburgh.
He will talk about his journey as a Christian as well as a sports figure.
Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 the night of the event. For tickets, call 724-941-8910.
St. Benedict the Abbot Church, McMurray, will hold Eucharistic Adoration from 9 a.m.-10 p.m. June 6.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will hold its annual MoreFest June 19-June 22 beginning at 6 p.m.
Dinners served nightly at 5 p.m. include: Irish-Wednesday; German-Thursday; Italian-Friday; Polish-Saturday.
Nightly live entertainment, rides, flea markets, games, bingo and $10,000 raffle. Polka Mass at 5 p.m. Saturday. For more information, visit www.stmpgh.org.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, plans the following:
• Pet Remembrance Service, 2 p.m. June 9. Pets may attend with their families.
For details, call 412-835-6630.
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, offers Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
Choir practice is held at 10:10 a.m., and Sunday school at 10:30.
Bible study takes place at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
Haiti Fund Run
Bower Hill Community Church Haiti Water Project Fundraising Team, Mt. Lebanon, will hold the second annual Quench Haiti Fund Run June 8 at South Park. A 5K RunWalk/Stroller begins at 8 a.m. and under age 10 Kid’s Fun Run starts at 9 a.m. Registration begins at 7 a.m. at Silent Brook Barn.
Fee for the 5K is $25 and the Kid’s Run is $5. Proceeds benefit the Haiti project. For details, call Mary Good at 412-341-0291.
Bethel Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, sponsors adult classes as follows:
• Women’s Vineyard: What Happens When Women Say Yes to God? and Digging Deeper Vineyard, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Men’s Vineyard: What is the Intersection Between our Faith and our Identity as Men?, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
For more information, call 412-835-0405.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Help the Homeless 5K Run/Walk will be held on June 8 at the Washington campus. The walk will begin at 8:45 a.m.; the run starts at 9 a.m. The third annual event supports The City Mission, an assistance facility for homeless men and women in the City of Washington.
• Man Up Pittsburgh Dad’s Conference – Join Coach Mike Tomlin, Tunch Ilkin and Ron Moore and learn how to be a stronger, more effective role model at home and in the community.
• The Sports Ministry offers summer basketball camp, cheer camp and speed and conditioning camp in June and July.
• Conditioning Kidz Basketball Camp begins June 11 for ages 6 and up to brush up on basic skills as well as pick up games and contests.
• Men’s Ministry will hold a Ride for the Wreaths on June 8. Registration is at 9:30 a.m., departure at 11 from Steel City Harley Davidson, Washington. A brief ceremony will be held at the Cemetery of the Alleghenies before returning to the chapel for lunch and entertainment. Donation is $20/rider or $25/pair.
• Sermon series – Fear: What Are You Afraid Of? Will be held through June 30.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, offers the following:
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Women’s Evening Bible Study, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Exploring the book “Beloved Disciple.”
• Moore cookies fundraiser for the tornado relief efforts in Oklahoma. Cookies will be sold by the dozen.
For more information, call 412-833-6111.
The Hills Church meets at 10 a.m. in Upper St. Clair High School. A new program, “Firestarter: Learning to tame the spark,” is starting. For more details, visit www.hillspgh.com.
Christ U. M. Church, Bethel Park, will hold its fourth annual golf outing at 9 a.m. June 15 at Ponderosa Golf Course. This four-person scramble will benefit Family Promise and The Nyadire Connection. Call 412-884-7414 for details.
• The Women’s Group will discuss “That Woman” by Anne Sebba. The book is a glimpse into the life of Wallis Simpson.
• Hearts and Paws pet ministry will sponsor its 10th Annual Pet Fair 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. June 22. Pony rides, pet contests, Ask the Vet booth, refreshments an demos for the whole family will be featured.
• Film screening of “A Place at the Table” at 6:30 p.m. June 5.
The Baldwin United Presbyterian Church will hold an outdoor summer concert performed by the South Hills Community Concert Band at 7 p.m. June 10. Enjoy the sounds of summer and a strawberry treat. For more information, call 412-653-1400.
South Hills Assembly plans the following activities:
• How to Avoid Falling for a Jerk/Jerkette at 7 p.m. June 13.
• Women’s Workshop Night, 7 p.m. June 14. Testimonies, music, Communion.
• Expository Bible Class with Dr. Jack Stepp, 7 p.m. June 12.
For information, call 412-835-8900.
Baldwin United Methodist Church will offer a three-day trip to Allenberry & Gettysburg Sept. 26-28.
Cost is $531 single occupancy, $435/double and $376 triple and includes transportation, lodging, meals and all stops listed, baggage handling, taxes, guide, meal and driver gratuity.
A $100 deposit is required. Final payment due by Aug. 20.
For more information, call Elaine Lewis at 412-885-4560.