Holy Cross to hold food festival
Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church, Mt. Lebanon, will hold its 41st Village Food Festival June 12-15.
Enjoy homemade Greek specialties and desserts during both lunch and dinner. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and dinner will be served from 4:30-9 p.m.
The food line will be open on Saturday from 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Take out will be available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday only, from 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Online ordering Wednesday and Friday only. All orders available for pickup in Take Out area.
Listen and dance to live Greek music. Shop at the bookstore and other unique “shops” featuring Orthodox art, Mediterranean jewelry and more.
To place an order, call 412-854-6001 or fax to 412-833-0982.
Peters Creek Presbyterian Church, Venetia, begins its summer worship schedule June 16 with one service at 10 a.m. Call 724-941-6210 with questions.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will offer Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will at 7:30 p.m. June 19. David Friedlander, a certified professional in human resources, will give a fascinating presentation on finding the perfect job opportunity.
To register or for more information, call 412-344-2424.
• Women of Valor, a brand new series featuring portraits of 16 women from the Talmud who have changed their family tree and the course of history, at 7:30 p.m. on three consecutive evenings beginning July 3. Suggested donation for the entire course is $18. For more information or to RSVP, call 412-512-2330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Bethel UMC will host a car wash and cookout event on June 28 in the parking lot. Grab dinner, get your car washed, relax and have fun all while supporting ASP. Dinner will be served between the hours of 4:30-7 p.m. and the car wash will run from 5-7 p.m.
Call 412-835-0700 for information.
Immaculate Conception Parish, Washington, will hold its 14th Annual Summer Festival nightly from 6-10 p.m. June 19-22 in the parking lot of our school, the John F. Kennedy Catholic School.
Enjoy nightly musical entertainment and dine at ethnic food booths. There will also be a children’s fun area, games of chance and an indoor flea market.
Parking and admission are free. Contact the school office for additional information at 724-225-1680. Proceeds benefit the school.
Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, will offer “Oremus: A Guide to Catholic Prayer” from 7:30-9 p.m., through June 27. Cost is $20.
For more information, call 412-279-7070.
Old St. Luke’s Church, burial ground and garden, Scott Township, will hold an Open House from 1:30-4 p.m. Sundays through August. The burial ground contains the graves of veterans, beginning with the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
For more information, call 412-489-3795
Former Steeler to speak
Thomas Presbyterian Church, Eighty Four, will host former Pittsburgh Steeler Craig Wolfley at 7 p.m. June 19.
Wolfley is a 12-year veteran of the NFL who played 10 years with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Wolfley remains a Steeler as a member of the game day network broadcast team, and also cohosts a radio show with his best friend and former line mate Tunch Ilkin on 970 AM ESPN Pittsburgh.
He will talk about his journey as a Christian as well as a sports figure.
Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 the night of the event. For tickets, call 724-941-8910.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will hold its annual MoreFest June 19-22 beginning at 6 p.m.
Dinners served nightly at 5 p.m. include: Irish-Wednesday; German-Thursday; Italian-Friday; Polish-Saturday.
Nightly live entertainment, rides, flea markets, games, bingo and $10,000 raffle. Polka Mass at 5 p.m. Saturday. For more information, visit www.stmpgh.org.
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, offers Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
Choir practice is held at 10:10 a.m., and Sunday school at 10:30. Bible study takes place at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
Bethel Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, sponsors adult classes as follows:
• Women’s Vineyard: What Happens When Women Say Yes to God? and Digging Deeper Vineyard, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Men’s Vineyard: What is the Intersection Between our Faith and our Identity as Men?, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
For more information, call 412-835-0405.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Man Up Pittsburgh Dad’s Conference – Join Coach Mike Tomlin, Tunch Ilkin and Ron Moore and learn how to be a stronger, more effective role model at home and in the community.
• The Sports Ministry offers summer basketball camp, cheer camp and speed and conditioning camp in June and July.
• Sermon series – Fear: What Are You Afraid Of? Will be held through June 30.
• Prayer Walk, 10:30 a.m. June 22 at the Washington campus. The walk begins with worship, prayer and encouragement in the sanctuary then continues through the streets of Washington as we pray for the city and with those we meet.
• Teen Madness, Aug. 8-9. This two-day high-energy event for sixth through 12th grade includes a concert and BMX and skateboard exhibition.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, offers the following:
• Men’s Bible study, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays. The topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
• Women’s Evening Bible Study, 7-8:30 Tuesdays. Exploring the book “Beloved Disciple.”
• Moore cookies fundraiser for the tornado relief efforts in Oklahoma. Cookies will be sold by the dozen.
For more information, call 412-833-6111.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, will present 30 minutes of exceptional organ music at 5 p.m. Thursdays June 20- through Aug. 1. For more information, call 412-835-6630.
Christ U. M. Church, Bethel Park, will hold its fourth annual golf outing at 9 a.m. June 15 at Ponderosa Golf Course. This four-person scramble will benefit Family Promise and The Nyadire Connection. Call 412-884-7414 for details.
• The Women’s Group will discuss “That Woman” by Anne Sebba. The book is a glimpse into the life of Wallis Simpson.
• Hearts and Paws pet ministry will sponsor its 10th Annual Pet Fair 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. June 22. Pony rides, pet contests, Ask the Vet booth, refreshments an demos for the whole family will be featured.
South Hills Assembly plans the following activities:
• How to Avoid Falling for a Jerk/Jerkette at 7 p.m. June 13.
• Women’s Workshop Night, 7 p.m. June 14. Testimonies, music, Communion.
• Expository Bible Class with Dr. Jack Stepp, 7 p.m. June 12.
For more information, call 412-835-8900.
Baldwin United Methodist Church will offer a three-day trip to Allenberry & Gettysburg Sept. 26-28.
Cost is $531 single occupancy, $435/double and $376 triple and includes transportation, lodging, meals and all stops listed, baggage handling, taxes, guide, meal and driver gratuity.
A $100 deposit is required. Final payment due by Aug. 20.
For more information, call Elaine Lewis at 412-885-4560.