Bridgeville Area Historical Society will meet at 7:30 p.m. June 25 at the Bridgeville Vol. Fire Department. Michael Kraus will speak on “Gettysburg.”
South Park Women’s Club elected a new executive board. Members are Pam Ennis-president, Lilas Soukup-first vice president, Gail Richards-second vice president, Rowena Partyka-treasurer and Bonnie Bradbum-secretary. Meetings will resume in September at the Community Center.
• Iron Chef, grades five and up, 4 p.m. June 22.
• American Girl Book Club, 7 p.m. June 24.
• Fairies and Fairy Homes, 7 p.m. June 25. Grades K-five.
• Lunch & Learn, noon June 25. Everything you wanted to know about end-of-life care, but were afraid to ask.
• Paintapalooza - preschoolers and adult, noon June 25.
• Furry Friends Pet Care, grades one-four, 6:30 p.m. June 20, 27. Pet stories, pet care tips.
• MAD Scrappers, 1 p.m. June 24. Families bring photos and supplies.
• Reader’s Theater, first-third grades, 1 p.m. June 25.
• Great Gold Rush, first-fifth grades, 3:30 p.m. June 25.
• Professional Organizer Series-Control Your Closets, 6:30 p.m. June 24.
• Book Club, 6:30 p.m. June 27. Discuss “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” by Haddon.
• Free college prep classes for juniors and seniors: SAT and ACT differences, 6:30 p.m. June 24; ACT practice test, 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. June 25; SAT practice test, 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. June 26; test results workshop, 6:30 p.m. June 27.
• Ninth Annual Garden Party, 6 p.m. July 6. Wine, beer, hors d’oeuvres. Tickets are $30.
• 23rd Garden Tour, noon-5 p.m. July 7. Advance tickets-$15; tour day-$20.
• Courtyard concerts, 7 p.m. Aug. 1-Olga Watkins Band.
• Beer Garden Bash, 6 p.m. Aug. 24. Craft beers, picnic and steel drum artist Dan Meunier.
• Laughter Club with Julie Ann Sullivan, 10 a.m. June 20.
• Creative Writing camp, grades two-five, 10 a.m. June 24-28. Cost is $25.
• Cover Letters and Resumes, 7 p.m. June 25.
• World War II discussion, 11 a.m. June 26.
• Digging for Treasure, ages 5-10, 3:30 p.m. June 24. Games, food and pirate’s treasure.
• Fun Facials, 6:30 p.m. June 26. Get a mud pack or facial.
• Ballet fundamentals, ages 5 and up, 10:30 a.m. June 29.
• Adult Book Club, 6:30 p.m. June 24. Read “The Thirteenth Tale” by Diane Setterfield.
• Writers Unleashed, grades five-eight. Write novels, scripts, share word-count goals and achievements, character building and plot making. Email email@example.com.
• Interpret Your Dreams with Denny Hunt, 7 p.m. June 25.
• Vintage Radio Players reenact radio shows of years gone by, 1 p.m. June 26.
Upper St. Clair
• Fossil Fun, first-fourth grade, 6:30 p.m. June 27.
• Celebrate Fourth of July, kids with a caregiver, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 28, 29.
Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation has planned an Historic Allegheny Cemetery Tour at 2 p.m. June 29. Fee for PHLF members is $10 and $35 for nonmembers (includes a one-year membership).
To register, call 412-471-5808 ext. 527.
Horses Unlimited in South Park will hold four-day summer pony camps for beginner riders ages 5 to 10 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Campers learn to groom, saddle, bridle, feed and care for horses. Arts and crafts, blacksmith and veterinary demos will also be held.
Fee is $295 per child. To register, call 412-835-7726. Pony, Pop & Pizza Birthday Parties are also available.
The 64th Kutztown Folk Festival will be held June 29 through July 7 in the Allentown area. Activities are geared to the whole family. Enjoy Pennsylvania Dutch ox roast and other traditional foods. For details, call 610-683-1597.
Peters Township Park and Recreation will sponsor the following summer programs for teens starting July 6:
• Glam Gals, ages 11-15, 10 a.m. on Mondays. Learn about hair, skin, make-up and nails.
• Mad Science Club, ages 6-10 on Thursdays. Physics, geology and astronomy.
• Zumbatomic, ages 8-12 on Wednesdays. Shake and wiggle to hip-hop, salsa and reggaeton.
Call 724-942-5000 for details.
Michael Greger, M.D., will speak on The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting and Reversing the 15 Leading Causes of Death at 7 p.m. July 3 in the Dunlap Conference Center at St. Clair Hospital. Cost is $10. To register, call 724-469-0693.
Monongahela Valley Hospital plans the following health programs:
• Innovations in knee replacements with Scott Baron, M.D. at the ECC, 6 p.m. June 25.
• Red Cross Blood Drive 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 28 at the ECC. Call 724-494-4090.
Canon-McMillan High School Class of ’88 will gather for its 25-year reunion at 6 p.m. Sept. 21 at the George Washington Hotel. For details, email CMClassof1988@yahoo.com.
Canon-McMillan High School class of ’63 will hold its 50-year reunion Aug. 9 and 10 at Lindenwood Golf Club. For details, call Ray Dami at 724-941-1297.
Carrick High School Class of ’63 will hold its 50th anniversary reunion on Aug. 17 at South Hills Country Club. Contact Judie Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org with addresses of classmates. Other CHS classes may attend.
Class of ‘63
South Hills High School Class of ’63 will hold its 50-year reunion Sept. 28. For details call Sandi (Esposito) Demas at 412-854-2740.
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
SF students participate in Apple, Google’s Hour of Code (283)
USC dominates Almanac Elite Eleven All-Star list (167)
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (164)
Claysville woman accused of driving drunk with children in vehicle (100)
Depth & talent promises a fun season for BP boys (80)
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (179)
Dogs and cats the same as cows and chickens (31)
Look around: business is booming (30)
Holiday Happenings – Dec. 11 (28)
Sights & Sounds – Dec. 11 (26)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
USC man charged with obstruction of justice (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)