Bridgeville Area Historical Society will meet at 7:30 p.m. June 25 at the Bridgeville Vol. Fire Department. Michael Kraus will speak on “Gettysburg.”
South Park Women’s Club elected a new executive board. Members are Pam Ennis-president, Lilas Soukup-first vice president, Gail Richards-second vice president, Rowena Partyka-treasurer and Bonnie Bradbum-secretary. Meetings will resume in September at the Community Center.
• Iron Chef, grades five and up, 4 p.m. June 22.
• American Girl Book Club, 7 p.m. June 24.
• Fairies and Fairy Homes, 7 p.m. June 25. Grades K-five.
• Lunch & Learn, noon June 25. Everything you wanted to know about end-of-life care, but were afraid to ask.
• Paintapalooza - preschoolers and adult, noon June 25.
• Furry Friends Pet Care, grades one-four, 6:30 p.m. June 20, 27. Pet stories, pet care tips.
• MAD Scrappers, 1 p.m. June 24. Families bring photos and supplies.
• Reader’s Theater, first-third grades, 1 p.m. June 25.
• Great Gold Rush, first-fifth grades, 3:30 p.m. June 25.
• Professional Organizer Series-Control Your Closets, 6:30 p.m. June 24.
• Book Club, 6:30 p.m. June 27. Discuss “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” by Haddon.
• Free college prep classes for juniors and seniors: SAT and ACT differences, 6:30 p.m. June 24; ACT practice test, 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. June 25; SAT practice test, 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. June 26; test results workshop, 6:30 p.m. June 27.
• Ninth Annual Garden Party, 6 p.m. July 6. Wine, beer, hors d’oeuvres. Tickets are $30.
• 23rd Garden Tour, noon-5 p.m. July 7. Advance tickets-$15; tour day-$20.
• Courtyard concerts, 7 p.m. Aug. 1-Olga Watkins Band.
• Beer Garden Bash, 6 p.m. Aug. 24. Craft beers, picnic and steel drum artist Dan Meunier.
• Laughter Club with Julie Ann Sullivan, 10 a.m. June 20.
• Creative Writing camp, grades two-five, 10 a.m. June 24-28. Cost is $25.
• Cover Letters and Resumes, 7 p.m. June 25.
• World War II discussion, 11 a.m. June 26.
• Digging for Treasure, ages 5-10, 3:30 p.m. June 24. Games, food and pirate’s treasure.
• Fun Facials, 6:30 p.m. June 26. Get a mud pack or facial.
• Ballet fundamentals, ages 5 and up, 10:30 a.m. June 29.
• Adult Book Club, 6:30 p.m. June 24. Read “The Thirteenth Tale” by Diane Setterfield.
• Writers Unleashed, grades five-eight. Write novels, scripts, share word-count goals and achievements, character building and plot making. Email email@example.com.
• Interpret Your Dreams with Denny Hunt, 7 p.m. June 25.
• Vintage Radio Players reenact radio shows of years gone by, 1 p.m. June 26.
Upper St. Clair
• Fossil Fun, first-fourth grade, 6:30 p.m. June 27.
• Celebrate Fourth of July, kids with a caregiver, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 28, 29.
Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation has planned an Historic Allegheny Cemetery Tour at 2 p.m. June 29. Fee for PHLF members is $10 and $35 for nonmembers (includes a one-year membership).
To register, call 412-471-5808 ext. 527.
Horses Unlimited in South Park will hold four-day summer pony camps for beginner riders ages 5 to 10 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Campers learn to groom, saddle, bridle, feed and care for horses. Arts and crafts, blacksmith and veterinary demos will also be held.
Fee is $295 per child. To register, call 412-835-7726. Pony, Pop & Pizza Birthday Parties are also available.
The 64th Kutztown Folk Festival will be held June 29 through July 7 in the Allentown area. Activities are geared to the whole family. Enjoy Pennsylvania Dutch ox roast and other traditional foods. For details, call 610-683-1597.
Peters Township Park and Recreation will sponsor the following summer programs for teens starting July 6:
• Glam Gals, ages 11-15, 10 a.m. on Mondays. Learn about hair, skin, make-up and nails.
• Mad Science Club, ages 6-10 on Thursdays. Physics, geology and astronomy.
• Zumbatomic, ages 8-12 on Wednesdays. Shake and wiggle to hip-hop, salsa and reggaeton.
Call 724-942-5000 for details.
Michael Greger, M.D., will speak on The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting and Reversing the 15 Leading Causes of Death at 7 p.m. July 3 in the Dunlap Conference Center at St. Clair Hospital. Cost is $10. To register, call 724-469-0693.
Monongahela Valley Hospital plans the following health programs:
• Innovations in knee replacements with Scott Baron, M.D. at the ECC, 6 p.m. June 25.
• Red Cross Blood Drive 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 28 at the ECC. Call 724-494-4090.
Canon-McMillan High School Class of ’88 will gather for its 25-year reunion at 6 p.m. Sept. 21 at the George Washington Hotel. For details, email CMClassof1988@yahoo.com.
Canon-McMillan High School class of ’63 will hold its 50-year reunion Aug. 9 and 10 at Lindenwood Golf Club. For details, call Ray Dami at 724-941-1297.
Carrick High School Class of ’63 will hold its 50th anniversary reunion on Aug. 17 at South Hills Country Club. Contact Judie Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org with addresses of classmates. Other CHS classes may attend.
Class of ‘63
South Hills High School Class of ’63 will hold its 50-year reunion Sept. 28. For details call Sandi (Esposito) Demas at 412-854-2740.