Across the South Hills – June 19
As part of an effort to broaden the range of meal delivery options available to our neighboring communities, Meals on Wheels of Peters Township is planning to extend services to the Bridgeville area in the near future. Senior citizens who have difficulty shopping or cooking their own meals are encouraged to call for information and to sign up for service. There are no specific age or income requirements. The cost for a week of hot meals is $15. Each day’s delivery includes soup, a hot entrée with meat, vegetable and starch, as well as a salad, dessert and milk. For $18/week, a client can receive all the hot meal items, plus a sandwich, juice and cookie for a second meal. Diabetic meals are available, and Meals on Wheels can also accommodate other special needs, such as for chopped meals and some allergies.
As the program takes on new clients, the organization will be in need of volunteer drivers to deliver meals to the expanded areas, in addition to the areas that it already serves. Volunteers pick up meals from the kitchen, located above the Peters Township Fire Department, at 245 East McMurray Road, at about 10:30 a.m., and normally return from their routes by 12:30 p.m.
“Summer Nights” at Town Park Pool takes place every Wednesday evening from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
• Paradegoers are reminded that they must wait 48 hours before the start of the Fourth of July Parade to put chairs out.
PennDOT has closed the northbound lane on Poplar Street from Mansfield to Noblestown to replace concrete pavement near the Noblestown intersection. Only the lane moving from Mansfield to Noblestown will be closed. It is anticipated that the work will be completed by July 1.
• The Farmer’s Market is held from 4-7 p.m. every Thursday through October in Green Tree Park.
• Pre-teen Night at the Pool will take place from 8-10:30 p.m. June 22. Free admission for Green Tree teens in grades 4-9 and their friends from other Keystone Oaks communities.
The Paper Exchange will shred confidential paper before your eyes at the Public Works yard at 1250 Lindendale Drive (off Cedar Blvd.) from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 22. Cost is $5 per box with the first box free. Cash or checks accepted for payment.
• The Mt. Lebanon Commission needs residents’ input in preparation for a June 24 work session, 2-5 p.m. in the municipal building, when a facilitator will help define priorities for the 2014 municipal budget. The session is open to the public. Please help by completing a short survey online at www.mtlebanon.org.
Peters Township School District policy requires all long-term volunteers and anyone chaperoning overnight trips to have their Act 34 (Criminal Record Check), Act 151 (Child Abuse History) and Act 114 (FBI Fingerprint Check) clearances on file with the district before beginning to volunteer.
The PT Music Boosters have contracted with Cogent ID (provider of the FBI check) to visit Peters Township and perform the fingerprint clearance for anyone in need on June 20 from 6-8 p.m. in the High School Band Room – enter through the Band room door on the side of the building.
Payment of $28.75 can be paid online by credit card or agency payment, or at the time of fingerprinting by money order. The Music Boosters are requiring an additional fee of $5 cash to be paid upon arrival at the High School to help cover the cost of bringing the service to the District. Online registration must be complete prior to arrival at www.cogentid.com.
To RSVP contact the Band Boosters as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper St. Clair
A flea market will be held 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. July 13 in the Upper St. Clair High School stadium parking lot. Set up begins at 6:30 a.m. Rain or shine.
Across the South Hills – June 19
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (51)
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (43)
Alavi leads PT into PIHL semifinals (24)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (24)
See’s Candies are sensational, as anyone can see (22)
Chishko, Macri win PIAA titles (79)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)
Colella appointed to fill vacant BP council seat (1)