Pet Fair planned at Christ U.M.Published Jun 19, 2013 at 7:09 am (Updated Jun 17, 2013 at 9:43 am)
Hearts and Paws pet ministry at Christ U. M. Church, Bethel Park, will sponsor its 10th Annual Pet Fair 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. June 22. Pony rides, pet contests, Ask the Vet booth, refreshments an demos for the whole family will be featured.
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, offers summer body sculpting and aerobics classes.
• Friday Aerobics - 9:30-10:30 a.m., through Aug. 23. High energy, low-impact class with a variety of music. For the beginner to the very fit and all ages. Equipment provided. Bring a mat, water bottle and wear appropriate footwear.
• Full Body Strength - 8-9 a.m. Saturdays, through Aug. 24. Wear appropriate footwear and bring a mat. No previous exercise experience required.
To enroll or for additional information, visit wroc.westminster-church.org.
• Westminster Organ Summer 2013 takes place 5 p.m. Thursdays, June 20-Aug. 1 in the sanctuary.
This year’s organists are: June 20, Nicholas Capozzoli, Oberlin Conservatory of Music; June 27, Jeremy Jelinek, Most Holy Name of Jesus, Troy Hill; July 11, Chaz Bowers, Immaculate Conception, Irwin; July 18, Ethan LaPlaca, New Hope Lutheran Church, Freedom; July 25, Zvonimir Nagy, St. Joseph Cathedral, Wheeling; Aug. 1, Nathan Carterette, Church of the Redeemer, Squirrel Hill.
The concerts are casual and admission is free.
For more information, visit www.westminster-church.org or call 412-835-6630.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, holds at men’s Bible study at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. The current topic is “Battling Unbelief.”
Christ U.M. Church, Bethel Park, plans the following events:
• Watch local Fourth of July fireworks in the parking lot. Refreshments will be available.
• Book Club, elementary students, noon July 17. Read “The One and Only Ivan” by Katherine Applegate.
• Create Christmas cards for inmates in July. Call 412-835-6621 ext. 112 for the schedule.
Peters Creek Presbyterian Church, Venetia, holds summer worship at 10 a.m. Sundays.
For more information, call 724-941-6210.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will offer Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will at 7:30 p.m. June 19. David Friedlander, a certified professional in human resources, will offer a presentation on finding the perfect job opportunity. For more information or to register, call 412-344-2424.
• Women of Valor, a new series featuring portraits of 16 women from the Talmud who have changed their family tree and the course of history, at 7:30 p.m. on three consecutive evenings beginning July 3. Suggested donation for the entire course is $18.
For more information or to RSVP, call 412-512-2330 or email email@example.com.
First Bethel UMC will host a car wash and cookout event on June 28 in the parking lot. Grab dinner, get your car washed, relax and have fun. Dinner will be served between the hours of 4:30-7 p.m. and the car wash will run from 5-7 p.m.
Call 412-835-0700 for information.
Immaculate Conception Parish, Washington, will hold its 14th Annual Summer Festival from 6-10 p.m. June 19-22 in the parking lot the John F. Kennedy Catholic School.
Enjoy nightly musical entertainment and ethnic food booths. There will also be a children’s fun area, games of chance and an indoor flea market.
Contact the school office for additional information at 724-225-1680. Proceeds benefit the school.
Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, will offer “Oremus: A Guide to Catholic Prayer” from 7:30-9 p.m., through June 27. Cost is $20.
For more information, call 412-279-7070.
Old St. Luke’s Church, burial ground and garden, Scott Township, will hold an Open House from 1:30-4 p.m. Sundays through August. The burial ground contains the graves of veterans, beginning with the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
For more information, call 412-489-3795.
Former Steeler to speak
Thomas Presbyterian Church, Eighty Four, will host former Pittsburgh Steeler Craig Wolfley at 7 p.m. June 19.
Wolfley is a 12-year veteran of the NFL who played 10 years with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Wolfley remains a Steeler as a member of the game day network broadcast team, and also cohosts a radio show with his best friend and former line mate Tunch Ilkin on 970 AM ESPN Pittsburgh.
He will talk about his journey as a Christian as well as a sports figure.
Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 the night of the event.
For tickets, call 724-941-8910.
St. Thomas More Church, Bethel Park, will hold its annual MoreFest June 19-22 beginning at 6 p.m. Dinners served nightly at 5 p.m. include: Irish-Wednesday; German-Thursday; Italian-Friday; Polish-Saturday.
Nightly live entertainment, rides, flea markets, games, bingo and $10,000 raffle. Polka Mass at 5 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, visit www.stmpgh.org.
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, offers Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Choir practice is held at 10:10 a.m., and Sunday school at 10:30. Bible study takes place at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
Bethel Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, sponsors adult classes as follows:
• Women’s Vineyard: What Happens When Women Say Yes to God? and Digging Deeper Vineyard, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Men’s Vineyard: What is the Intersection Between our Faith and our Identity as Men?, 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
For more information, call 412-835-0405.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• The Sports Ministry offers summer basketball camp, cheer camp and speed and conditioning camp in June and July.
• Sermon series – Fear: What Are You Afraid Of? Will be held through June 30.
• Prayer Walk, 10:30 a.m. June 22 at the Washington campus. The walk begins with worship, prayer and encouragement in the sanctuary then continues through the streets of Washington as we pray for the city and with those we meet.
• Teen Madness, Aug. 8-9. This two-day high-energy event for sixth through 12th grade includes a concert and BMX and skateboard exhibition.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6 p.m. Saturdays.
• Adult classes begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Topics include anger management, divorce care, marriage enrichment and healing is a choice.
• GriefShare, 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. Thursdays. Cost is $15.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, is hosting the Moore cookies fundraiser for the tornado relief efforts in Oklahoma. Cookies will be sold by the dozen. For more information, call 412-833-6111.
Baldwin United Methodist Church will offer a three-day trip to Allenberry & Gettysburg Sept. 26-28.
Cost is $531 single occupancy, $435/double and $376 triple and includes transportation, lodging, meals and all stops listed, baggage handling, taxes, guide, meal and driver gratuity.
A $100 deposit is required. Final payment due by Aug. 20.
For more information, call Elaine Lewis at 412-885-4560.