Getting Together – July 3
Christmas in July
South Hills Chamber and SHIM will host “Christmas in July” 5:30-7:30 p.m. July 17 at SHIM on Park Avenue, Bethel Park. Enjoy a cookout and great networking.
Participants are asked to bring a $10 donation and an Angel Gift for SHIM’s families. Gift cards from WalMart, Toys R Us, Target, Home Depot and Lowe’s may also be purchased. RSVP to 412-306-8090.
Laureate Zeta Iota chapter of Beta Sigma Phi Sorority will meet for a picnic July 11 at the home of Camille McKito. The service committee will collect trial size health and beauty items for abused women.
Giant Oaks Garden Club meets at 11:15 a.m. at St. David Anglican Church, Venetia. The program will follow lunch. Guests pay $7. Tea etiquette and health benefits with Bella Howard, owner of Bella’s House of Fine Teas and Gift Shop is set for Aug. 1.
To RSVP, call 412-746-4664.
• Rock On!, 7 p.m. July 10. Turn an ordinary rock into a masterpiece.
• Paper Making, grades two-five, 1 p.m. July 12.
• Reader’s Theater, grades two-four, 11 a.m. Fridays July 12-Aug. 2.
• American Girl Movie Night, 6:30 p.m. July 15. McKenna movie featured.
• Stop Animation, grades three-five, 6 p.m. July 8; sixth grade and up 7 p.m. July 8. Intro to stop animation movies. Bring your iPad or iPod.
• Bugs, Slugs, K-fifth grades, 7 p.m. July 9.
• MAD Scrappers, 1 p.m. July 8, Bring photos and supplies.
• Reader’s Theater, first-third grades, 1 p.m. July 9.
• Junior Dino Dig, K-second grade, 4 p.m. July 9. Dig into dinosaurs.
• Yoga, 7 p.m. July 10, 17, 31. Bring a yoga mat, small towel and water. Free.
• Learn about Neuropathy, 7 p.m. July 10. Learn about causes, symptoms, prevention and treatment.
• Touch-A-Truck, July 14. Explore trucks, fire engines, police cars.
• Lego Club, ages 7-12, 4 p.m. July 24. Create Lego structures.
• Civil War discussion, 7 p.m. July 18. Why did the Klan Wear Bizarre Costumes?
• Make Science in the Summer registration at 412-429-5380.
• Goofy Gardeners, ages 3-6, 3:30 p.m. July 6.
• Conversation Salon, 1 p.m. July 8.
• Worms, ages 4-8, 10 a.m. July 10. Learn about their weird/wacky functions.
• Computers are available for K-fifth grade through Aug. 31.
• Mother Goose Story Time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• PALS Book Club, noon July 16. Discuss “Apple Turnover Mystery” by Joanne Fluke.
Friends of South Park Township Library will hold a sale of classical, opera and pop titles 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. July 13 at the library. The collection of classical, opera and pop titles consists of well-known composers, artists and conductors from the 1960’s through the present.
Cost will start at $5.00 each. Call 412-833-5585 for details.
Upper St. Clair
• Brain Teasers, first-third grades, 2 p.m. Wednesdays through July 24.
• Zentangle with Lynne Martinelli, 7 p.m. July 18. Experience the drawing craze.
Night with Pirates
Dreadnought Wines will sponsor its annual Hog Dog and Baseball night at 6 p.m. July 12 at PNC Park. Watch the game in a private box and enjoy famous white hots, Dreadnought wines and Pirate giveaways for a ticket price of $110 per person, which includes a donation to Wins for Kids Charity. Only 17 tickets are available.
• Cheese and Wine Pairing Class with Carol “Dear Heart Pascuzzi,” 6 p.m. July 9. Cost is $35.
To RSVP, call 412-391-1709.
Washington County Parks will sponsor Damsels & Dragons July 11 at Shelter 5, Mingo Creek Park. Sessions will begin at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. No Fee.
To register, call 724-228-6867.
Collier Township will hold the following youth programs:
• Got Game for the active ball player, July 15-26 in Collier Park.
• Art Camps, Cartooning or All About Animals, July 15-17 or July 22-24.
• Junior Tennis, July 9-11, Webb Park Courts.
For details, visit www.colliertownship.net.
Monongahela Valley Hospital plans the following health programs:
• Talk with a Doc: Back Pain, 7 p.m. July 11, Mt. Lebanon Public Library. Call 724-258-1333.
• Bariatric Surgery Session, 6 p.m. July 15 at the ECC.
• Advanced Carbohydrate Counting, 9 a.m. July 17. Call 724-258-1483.
Class of ’63
Bethel Park High School Class of 1963 will celebrate its 50-year reunion Sept. 7 at the JugoSlav Club, Bethel Park. For details, call Laurel (Sims) Karanza at 412-831-9269.
Penn State Master Gardeners will hold training for new master gardeners in Washington County at Peters Township Public Library in September. Training covers basic plant and soil science, plant propagation, integrated pest management and pruning.
For details, call 724-228-6881.
East End Song Studio will hold summer opera camp for adults July 14-20 at First U.M. Church, Pittsburgh. A live opera performance will take place on July 20. Optional: Dragon Boat ride through Pittsburgh Rowing Association on July 17.
For details, visit www.EastEndSongStudio.com.
Police officers, firefighters and paramedics are often the first responders to acts of domestic violence. The education and training department of Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA has literature and training for your staff. For details, call 724-223-5477.
Carnegie Performing Arts Center will hold dance classes Thursdays July 11-Aug. 15. Ballet for ages 6-18 will begin at 6 p.m. Classes in lyrical, jazz and zumba begin at 7:30 p.m. Cost for one class is $60; two classes are $120.
Open house and registration for fall will take place 5-9 p.m. Aug. 19, 20, 21. For details, call 412-279-8887.
Getting Together – July 3
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Fayette headed to Hershey (674)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (93)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (79)
Market District Express opens in Peters Township (75)
PT, BP, USC headline Almanac Elite Eleven List (65)
South Fayette headed to Hershey (113)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)