Support Groups – July 10
Healing for teens
Family Hospice and Palliative Care, Mt. Lebanon, will hold Triumph Over Loss, a free, one-day activity designed to provide fellowship, purpose, and healing for teens coping with loss. Held at Auberle’s Therapeutic Challenge Course in McKeesport and led by Family Hospice counselors and Auberle staff, Triumph Over Loss utilizes a variety of elements and obstacles with a focus on experiential learning to present ways for teens and adults to overcome challenges in a supportive and safe environment. Triumph Over Loss is open to any teen (13-18) in the community and takes place from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 10.
Preregistration is required. To register and learn more, visit www.FamilyHospice.com, or call the Family Hospice Bereavement department at 412-572-8829.
Family Hospice also offers the following free ongoing bereavement support groups, and no registration is required:
• The Center for Compassionate Care, 50 Moffett St., Mt. Lebanon, 7-8:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month.
• Southminster House, 801 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon, 1-2:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month.
• Baldwin Community United Methodist Church, 5001 Baptist Road, Whitehall, 7-8:30 p.m. the first Thursday of every month
Stroke and brain injury support
The Brain Recovery Crew stroke and brain injury and activities group meets 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Bethel Park Community Center. The meetings are free to attend and participants should bring their own lunch. Focus is on exercises, cognitive activities, resources and socialization. For more information, contact Nicole Glass at 412-915-8193.
The Cancer Caring Center and UPMC will offer a Head and Neck Cancer support group at 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of every month. The group meets at UPMC Cancer Centers, Bethel Park.
To register, call 412-622-1212 or visit www.cancercaring.org.
Support Groups – July 10
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
South Fayette faces Imhotep Charter in state final (93)
USC dominates Almanac Elite Eleven All-Star list (85)
South Fayette approves budget without tax increases (76)
Woman allegedly drove drunk to Peters day care (63)
Sights & Sounds - Oct. 30 (57)
Claysville woman accused of driving drunk with children in vehicle (147)
Scott considers code enforcement fee changes (85)
South Fayette approves budget without tax increases (62)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
USC man charged with obstruction of justice (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)