Washington man shot in Cecil
A Washington man, Richard Reed, was shot twice July 13 as he drove along Raven Drive in Hendersonville, Cecil Township police Chief Shawn Bukovinsky said.
Police were called to Canonsburg General Hospital at 10:05 p.m. for a report of a victim with gunshot wounds.
When police arrived Reed said he received a call at about 7:30 p.m. July 13 , from an unidentified man who told Reed to go to an address on Raven Drive, police said.
Once at the address, Reed told police he heard loud yelling coming from the house before he heard a shotgun blast and felt pellets strike his chest.
Reed’s brother, Damon Reed, told police he was also in the vehicle and saw a light-skinned black male shot at his brother.
The brothers drove to the end of the street before determining it was a dead end, turned around and when Richard Reed drove past the house again, the same person shot at him with the pellets striking Richard Reed in the face. He then drove to the hospital where personnel called police.
A spokeswoman from Canonsburg General Hospital said he was treated and discharged from the emergency room.
Assisted by police from Peters and North Strabane townships, Cecil police arrested Tyrone Lett at his home at 28 Raven Drive at about 1 a.m. July 14, Bukovinsky said. Confiscated was a 410-gauge shotgun. Lett said he shot Richard Reed because he “didn’t want any trouble,” the chief said.
Lett was arraigned by District Judge Valarie Costanzo on charges of attempted homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment, simple assault and disorderly conduct. Lett was placed in the Washington County Jail on $200,000 bond.
Washington man shot in Cecil
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (178)
PT, BP, USC headline Almanac Elite Eleven List (140)
Three new members on Peters Twp. School Board (95)
Minton-Beddoes: Economy growing, but slowly (68)
BP’s Ruzzini named Almanac MVP (68)
Cecil police dog hit by vehicle while chasing theft suspect (135)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (101)
Three new members on Peters Twp. School Board (68)
Minton-Beddoes: Economy growing, but slowly (51)
PrimeAir concept a lofty pipe dream – for now (50)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)