Across the South Hills – July 17
Commonwealth Connections Academy (CCA), a K-12 public cyber school, will host a local information session to educate parents and families about its curriculum, which uses technology and more to deliver individualized education for each student.
The event will take place at 6:30 p.m. July 22 at Homewood Suites Pittsburgh/Southpointe, 3000 Horizon Vue Drive, Canonsburg.
Since CCA is a Pennsylvania public school, there are no costs for tuition, fees or supplies.
See the program first-hand, meet teachers, and learn more about CCA. Enrollment is open for the 2013-14 school year.
For more information, call 1-800-481-6227 or visit www.connectionsacademy.com/cca.
• Because of renovations to the borough building, council will change meeting locations August, September and October. Meetings will be held on the first floor of the Frank Sarris Public Library, 35 N. Jefferson Ave. Meetings will begin at 7 p.m. and will be held in Meeting Room 1 on Aug. 5, Sept. 16 and Oct. 7, and in the computer room on Aug. 12, Sept. 9 and Oct. 7.
Physicians Immediate Care will establish a 4,800-square-foot billing center in Green Tree and will invest more than $375,000 in renovations, equipment and training. The company has committed to create 50 jobs in the next three years.
The project was coordinated by the Governor’s Action Team, a group of economic development professionals that work directly with businesses that are considering locating or expanding in the state.
JVS Environmental is offering an electronic items disposal service to the residents and businesses of Mt. Lebanon. Most electronic devices will be recycled free of charge at the Public Works yard, 1250 Lindendale Drive off Cedar Boulevard from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. July 20.
• State Rep. Dan Miller, D-Allegheny County, will hold an open house at his new district office at 650 Washington Road, Suite 102. The open house will be held from 5-8 p.m. Aug. 2 to coincide with Mt. Lebanon’s First Friday events. Miller thanked state Sen. Matt Smith, D-Mt. Lebanon, for the use of his office space as temporary housing for Miller’s office in the 42nd District. Constituents may visit the office to obtain help with several issues including the property tax/rent rebate program, processing forms from the state Department of Transportation, PACE/PACENET prescription drug coverage applications and other state-government-related needs.
The Parks and Recreation Department is seeking qualified individuals for part-time front desk positions at the community rec center, weekends and evenings as needed.
Applications are available online and at the Community Recreation Center. For more information, call 724-942-5000 or email email@example.com.
• The Parks and Recreation Department is seeking applicants for seasonal part-time Summer Day Camp Counselors who will assist the coordinator in daily day camp activities. Applicants must enjoy children, arts, crafts and outdoor activities and be responsible and energetic. Applicants must be available for the majority of the summer day camp scheduled weeks of July 22 and 29, and Aug. 5 and 12. The schedule is about 12-20 hours per week.
Submit an application for the positions online, at the Community Recreation Center or at the municipal building.
South Fayette Township
The Board of Commissioners meeting scheduled for July 10 was canceled because of the heavy rain and flooding, and is rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. July 17.
Across the South Hills – July 17
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Canon-Mac, South Fayette advance to Final Four in wrestling (63)
Lohman dives to PIAA heights; USC boys finish third in swimming (43)
Scott salt supply stocked (33)
Budget woes continue for USC (28)
Twerking conversation has gone on too long (27)
Scott salt supply stocked (77)
Twerking conversation has gone on too long (2)
Ballroom dancing not the answer (1)
PSU students still battle shadow of Sandusky’s actions (1)