Cleansing Stream to strengthen life and relationships
South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, will offer Cleansing Stream at 7 p.m. beginning Aug. 7. The 12-week seminar will strengthen and bring restoration to your life and relationships. Cost is $94 per person, $130 for married couples. Advanced registration recommended.
• Life Recovery addiction groups will meet at 7 p.m. July 24, 30, 31.
• Wings of Eagles Motorcycle Ministry will hold a ride to Wolf Campgrounds on Aug. 3. Ride leaves SHA at 8:45 a.m.
• Set Free class, 10:30 a.m. July 27. Offers support for overcoming dysfunction of any sort.
• No 6 p.m. services on July 28.
• Healing meeting, 7 p.m. Aug. 5 with Pastor Todd Levin and the Healing Waters Praise team.
For details, call 412-835-8900 ext. 112.
World Youth Day
Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh will hold a local World Youth Day 3:30-10 p.m. July 27 at St. Paul Seminary, Crafton. All World Youth Day alumni and young adults 18-39 are welcome to attend a diocesan festival for those unable to attend the international celebration in Rio de Janiero, Brazil. Register at www.lwydpgh.eventbrite.com.
Lakeview Christian Life Church, Bridgeville, will hold its annual Food Fair 3-8 p.m. July 27. Sample foods from Mexico, Thailand, Italy, United States and Greece. Also included will be ribs, wings, gourmet appetizers, homemade sorbet and desserts.
Admission is $2 per person or $5 per family. Proceeds will benefit Lakeview Christian Academy.
Bethel Presbyterian Church offers “Deeper Looks at Small Books of the Bible,” a program for women, at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at Panera Bread at the South Park Shops.
For more information, call 412-835-0405.
Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, will offer the Catholic Scripture Study: The Gospel of John, Wednesdays from 10-11:30 a.m., beginning Sept. 11.
For more information or to register, call 412-279-7070 or visit www.olgscott.org/Parish/Adult_Catechesis/Bible_Studies/bible_studies.html.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, offers summer body sculpting and aerobics classes.
• Friday Aerobics – 9:30-10:30 a.m., through Aug. 23. High energy, low-impact class with a variety of music. For the beginner to the very fit and all ages. Bring a mat, water bottle and wear appropriate footwear.
• Full Body Strength – 8-9 a.m. Saturdays, through Aug. 24. Wear appropriate footwear and bring a mat. No experience required.
To enroll or for information, visit wroc.westminster-church.org.
• Westminster Organ Summer 2013 takes place 5 p.m. Thursdays.
This year’s organists are: July 25, Zvonimir Nagy, St. Joseph Cathedral, Wheeling; Aug. 1, Nathan Carterette, Church of the Redeemer, Squirrel Hill. Admission is free. For more information, call 412-835-6630 or visit www.westminster-church.org.
Peters Creek Presbyterian Church, Venetia, holds summer worship at 10 a.m. Sundays.
For more information, call 724-941-6210.
Old St. Luke’s Church, burial ground and garden, Scott Township, will hold an open house from 1:30-4 p.m. Sundays, through August. The burial ground contains the graves of veterans, beginning with the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
For more information, call 412-489-3795.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will host a free family picnic and barbeque beginning at 4 p.m. Aug. 4 at Scott Park pavilion (across from the baseball field). Enjoy kosher barbeque food, face painting and music.
To become a sponsor for the event, call Barb at 412-278-2658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In addition to its regular Hebrew School, which will be held 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sundays, beginning Sept. 8, Chabad will offer a brand new, once-a-week program from 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 9 at Crowne Plaza Hotel. It will be divided into three separate, seven-week sessions designed to give your child basic Jewish skills and love and knowledge of his/her heritage.
Both the Hebrew School and the new program are for children ages 4-13. Choose any combination of the programs. No membership or affiliation required. Affordable rates and small classes. Scholarships available.
For more information, call 412-344-2424 or visit chabadsh.com.
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, offers Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Choir practice is held at 10:10 a.m., and Sunday school at 10:30. Bible study takes place at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Sermon series – Living Grounded: I’m Glad You Asked, foundational principals of Christian faith. Sessions run through Sept. 1.
• Teen Madness, 6-9:30 p.m. Aug. 8-9. Registration opens at 5 p.m. This two-day high-energy event for sixth through 12th grade includes a concert and BMX and skateboard exhibition.
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) offers twice-monthly meetings including childcare, support, guidance and fellowship, beginning Oct. 7. Registration opens Aug. 1.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6:30 p.m. Saturdays.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
Canonsburg U.P. Church
Canonsburg U.P. Church will have a food booth at the Washington County Fair, Aug. 10-17. Sandwiches, salads and more will be available for purchase.
Baldwin United Methodist Church will offer a three-day trip to Allenberry & Gettysburg Sept. 26-28.
Cost is $531 single occupancy, $435/double and $376 triple and includes transportation, lodging, meals and all stops listed, baggage handling, taxes, guide, meal and driver gratuity.
For more information, call 412-885-4560.
Beth Moore teaching
Jesus Fellowship Church of Bethel Park will embark on an in-depth teaching with Beth Moore – “James / Mercy Triumphs.”
Choose from five levels:
• Level 1 – Viewing the video
• Level 2 – Doing the homework
• Level 3 – Writing the Book of James
• Level 4 – Additional study – Melissa’s (Beth’s daughter) articles
• Level 5 – Memorizing the Book of James
The first teaching for women will take place at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9. Cost of workbook is $16. To RSVP , call Sandy Phillips at 412-833-8419.
Peters Creek Baptist
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, offers “Keeping in Step With the Spirit” for first-fifth graders at 5 p.m. Sundays in July. Gotta Move teaches what it means to be a Christian. Fee is $5.
To register, call 412-833-6111.
Cleansing Stream to strengthen life and relationships
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
Dance class gets amputees back on their feet (82)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (60)
Mining at former Mayview site denied (46)
Kiernan named Almanac MVP (43)
Tots test toys (43)
Kiernan named Almanac MVP (212)
New special ed director for Lebo schools (124)
Higher school taxes possible in USC (104)
Mining at former Mayview site denied (83)
Peters adopts new comprehensive plan (68)
USC questions new progress ratings (1)
Pizza Township or Peters Township? (1)
Event raises funds and awareness for painful disease (1)