Cleansing Stream to strengthen life and relationshipsPublished Jul 24, 2013 at 5:09 am (Updated Jul 19, 2013 at 3:04 pm)
South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, will offer Cleansing Stream at 7 p.m. beginning Aug. 7. The 12-week seminar will strengthen and bring restoration to your life and relationships. Cost is $94 per person, $130 for married couples. Advanced registration recommended.
• Life Recovery addiction groups will meet at 7 p.m. July 24, 30, 31.
• Wings of Eagles Motorcycle Ministry will hold a ride to Wolf Campgrounds on Aug. 3. Ride leaves SHA at 8:45 a.m.
• Set Free class, 10:30 a.m. July 27. Offers support for overcoming dysfunction of any sort.
• No 6 p.m. services on July 28.
• Healing meeting, 7 p.m. Aug. 5 with Pastor Todd Levin and the Healing Waters Praise team.
For details, call 412-835-8900 ext. 112.
World Youth Day
Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh will hold a local World Youth Day 3:30-10 p.m. July 27 at St. Paul Seminary, Crafton. All World Youth Day alumni and young adults 18-39 are welcome to attend a diocesan festival for those unable to attend the international celebration in Rio de Janiero, Brazil. Register at www.lwydpgh.eventbrite.com.
Lakeview Christian Life Church, Bridgeville, will hold its annual Food Fair 3-8 p.m. July 27. Sample foods from Mexico, Thailand, Italy, United States and Greece. Also included will be ribs, wings, gourmet appetizers, homemade sorbet and desserts.
Admission is $2 per person or $5 per family. Proceeds will benefit Lakeview Christian Academy.
Bethel Presbyterian Church offers “Deeper Looks at Small Books of the Bible,” a program for women, at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at Panera Bread at the South Park Shops.
For more information, call 412-835-0405.
Our Lady of Grace Church, Scott Township, will offer the Catholic Scripture Study: The Gospel of John, Wednesdays from 10-11:30 a.m., beginning Sept. 11.
For more information or to register, call 412-279-7070 or visit www.olgscott.org/Parish/Adult_Catechesis/Bible_Studies/bible_studies.html.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, offers summer body sculpting and aerobics classes.
• Friday Aerobics – 9:30-10:30 a.m., through Aug. 23. High energy, low-impact class with a variety of music. For the beginner to the very fit and all ages. Bring a mat, water bottle and wear appropriate footwear.
• Full Body Strength – 8-9 a.m. Saturdays, through Aug. 24. Wear appropriate footwear and bring a mat. No experience required.
To enroll or for information, visit wroc.westminster-church.org.
• Westminster Organ Summer 2013 takes place 5 p.m. Thursdays.
This year’s organists are: July 25, Zvonimir Nagy, St. Joseph Cathedral, Wheeling; Aug. 1, Nathan Carterette, Church of the Redeemer, Squirrel Hill. Admission is free. For more information, call 412-835-6630 or visit www.westminster-church.org.
Peters Creek Presbyterian Church, Venetia, holds summer worship at 10 a.m. Sundays.
For more information, call 724-941-6210.
Old St. Luke’s Church, burial ground and garden, Scott Township, will hold an open house from 1:30-4 p.m. Sundays, through August. The burial ground contains the graves of veterans, beginning with the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
For more information, call 412-489-3795.
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will host a free family picnic and barbeque beginning at 4 p.m. Aug. 4 at Scott Park pavilion (across from the baseball field). Enjoy kosher barbeque food, face painting and music.
To become a sponsor for the event, call Barb at 412-278-2658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In addition to its regular Hebrew School, which will be held 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sundays, beginning Sept. 8, Chabad will offer a brand new, once-a-week program from 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 9 at Crowne Plaza Hotel. It will be divided into three separate, seven-week sessions designed to give your child basic Jewish skills and love and knowledge of his/her heritage.
Both the Hebrew School and the new program are for children ages 4-13. Choose any combination of the programs. No membership or affiliation required. Affordable rates and small classes. Scholarships available.
For more information, call 412-344-2424 or visit chabadsh.com.
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, offers Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Choir practice is held at 10:10 a.m., and Sunday school at 10:30. Bible study takes place at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Sermon series – Living Grounded: I’m Glad You Asked, foundational principals of Christian faith. Sessions run through Sept. 1.
• Teen Madness, 6-9:30 p.m. Aug. 8-9. Registration opens at 5 p.m. This two-day high-energy event for sixth through 12th grade includes a concert and BMX and skateboard exhibition.
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) offers twice-monthly meetings including childcare, support, guidance and fellowship, beginning Oct. 7. Registration opens Aug. 1.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6:30 p.m. Saturdays.
For more information, call 412-884-2722.
Canonsburg U.P. Church
Canonsburg U.P. Church will have a food booth at the Washington County Fair, Aug. 10-17. Sandwiches, salads and more will be available for purchase.
Baldwin United Methodist Church will offer a three-day trip to Allenberry & Gettysburg Sept. 26-28.
Cost is $531 single occupancy, $435/double and $376 triple and includes transportation, lodging, meals and all stops listed, baggage handling, taxes, guide, meal and driver gratuity.
For more information, call 412-885-4560.
Beth Moore teaching
Jesus Fellowship Church of Bethel Park will embark on an in-depth teaching with Beth Moore – “James / Mercy Triumphs.”
Choose from five levels:
• Level 1 – Viewing the video
• Level 2 – Doing the homework
• Level 3 – Writing the Book of James
• Level 4 – Additional study – Melissa’s (Beth’s daughter) articles
• Level 5 – Memorizing the Book of James
The first teaching for women will take place at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9. Cost of workbook is $16. To RSVP , call Sandy Phillips at 412-833-8419.
Peters Creek Baptist
Peters Creek Baptist Church, South Park, offers “Keeping in Step With the Spirit” for first-fifth graders at 5 p.m. Sundays in July. Gotta Move teaches what it means to be a Christian. Fee is $5.
To register, call 412-833-6111.