Religion – July 31
Chabad of the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon, will host a free family picnic and barbeque beginning at 4 p.m. Aug. 4 at Scott Park pavilion. Enjoy kosher barbeque food, face painting and music.
To become a sponsor for the event, call Barb at 412-278-2658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In addition to its regular Hebrew School, which will be held 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sundays, beginning Sept. 8, Chabad will offer a new, once-a-week program from 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 9 at Crowne Plaza Hotel. It will be divided into three separate, seven-week sessions designed to give your child basic Jewish skills and love and knowledge of his/her heritage.
Both the Hebrew School and the new program are for ages 4-13. Choose any combination of the programs. No membership or affiliation required. Affordable rates and small classes. Scholarships available.
For more information, call 412-344-2424 or visit www.chabadsh.com.
South Hills Assembly, Bethel Park, will sponsor Slippy Sloppy Sunday Night at 6 p.m. Aug. 11 on the Stone House lawn, for kids through fifth grade.
• Life Recovery addiction groups will meet at 7 p.m. July 31.
• Wings of Eagles Motorcycle Ministry will sponsor a ride to Wolf Campgrounds on Aug. 3. Ride leaves SHA at 8:45 a.m.
• Healing meeting, 7 p.m. Aug. 5 with Pastor Todd Levin and the Healing Waters Praise team.
For more information, call 412-835-8900 ext. 112.
Bethel Presbyterian Church offers “Deeper Looks at Small Books of the Bible,” a program for women, at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at Panera Bread at the South Park Shops.
For more information, call 412-835-0405.
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Upper St. Clair, offers summer body sculpting and aerobics classes.
• Friday Aerobics – 9:30-10:30 a.m., through Aug. 23. High energy, low-impact class with a variety of music. For the beginner to the very fit and all ages. Bring a mat and water bottle.
• Full Body Strength – 8-9 a.m. Saturdays, through Aug. 24. Wear appropriate footwear and bring a mat. No experience required.
To enroll or for information, visit wroc.westminster-church.org.
• Westminster Organ Summer 2013 takes place 5 p.m. Aug. 1, with performer Nathan Carterette, Church of the Redeemer, Squirrel Hill. Admission is free. For more information, call 412-835-6630 or visit www.westminster-church.org.
Peters Creek Presbyterian Church, Venetia, holds summer worship at 10 a.m. Sundays. For more information, call 724-941-6210.
Legacy Baptist Church, located in Accelerando Music Conservatory, offers Sunday services at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Choir practice is held at 10:10 a.m., and Sunday school at 10:30. Bible study takes place at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
For more information, call 724-621-6785 or visit www.legacybaptistchurch.us.
The Bible Chapel, McMurray, plans the following events:
• Upward Flag Football, Aug. 5, South Hills campus. Learn fundamentals of the game in a faith-centered environment. Convenient practice and game schedules.
• Sermon series – Living Grounded: I’m Glad You Asked, foundational principals of Christian faith. Sessions run through Sept. 1.
• Teen Madness, 6-9:30 p.m. Aug. 8-9. Registration opens at 5 p.m. This two-day high-energy event for sixth through 12th grade includes a concert and BMX and skateboard exhibition.
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) offers twice-monthly meetings including childcare, support, guidance and fellowship, beginning Oct. 7. Registration opens Aug. 1.
• Transformed Bible Study, 9:30 a.m. Sept. 10. Join the transformation to study the book of Matthew. Each Tuesday begins with a time of worship followed by Bible study.
For more information, visit www.biblechapel.org.
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Bethel Park, offers weekly contemporary service 6:30 p.m. Saturdays. For more information, call 412-884-2722.
Canonsburg U.P. Church
Canonsburg U.P. Church will have a food booth at the Washington County Fair, Aug. 10-17. Sandwiches, salads and more will be available for purchase.
Beth Moore teaching
Jesus Fellowship Church of Bethel Park will embark on an in-depth teaching with Beth Moore – “James / Mercy Triumphs.”
Choose from five levels:
• Level 1 – Viewing the video
• Level 2 – Doing the homework
• Level 3 – Writing the Book of James
• Level 4 – Additional study – Melissa’s (Beth’s daughter) articles
• Level 5 – Memorizing the Book of James
The first teaching for women will take place at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9. Cost of workbook is $16. To RSVP, call 412-833-8419.
Children’s music program
National contemporary Christian music artist Randall Goodgame brings “Slugs & Bugs” tour to Christ United Methodist Church, Bethel Park, at 4 p.m. Sept. 21. Sponsored by the United Methodist Pittsburgh District, the show offers family fun through Christian music and is geared especially for children under 10. Advance ticket sale packages are available with special perks such as discount pricing, group seating and organizational banner to be displayed at the event.
Tickets are on sale now for $5/person. Contact Janet Luketich at 412-835-6621 ext. 110, Sue Irwin at 412-835-6621 ext. 114, or Andrea Erbrecht at 724-330-5350.
Religion – July 31
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (69)
Twerking conversation has gone on too long (57)
April 2 (53)
Free dance lessons for PT students will be offered March 22 following twerking incident (52)
Mt. Lebanon schools face $2.6 million shortfall in budget (51)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)