Hollywood Theater announces August schedulePublished Aug 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm (Updated Aug 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm)
The Hollywood Theater in Dormont announces its August schedule:
• “Street Fighter,” a 1975 Japanese martial arts film, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 7 and 11.
• Horror Realm presents 13 Hours of Sci-fi, Aug. 10. Doors open at 10:45 a.m. Tickets are $13 for an all-day pass or $5 per movie. The tentative schedule is: “The Gamma People,” 11 a.m.; “Hand of Death,” 12:15 p.m.; “Destination Inner Space,” 1:15 p.m.; “The Brain Eaters,” 2:55 p.m.; “The Frozen Dead,” 3:55 p.m.; “Yongary, Monster from the Deep,” 5:30 p.m.; “War of the Insects,” 7:05 p.m.; “2+5: Mission Hydra,” 8:30 p.m.; “Without Warning,” 10:15 p.m.; and “Warriors of the Wasteland,” 11:45 p.m. Three short breaks will be offered thoughout the event.
• Summer of Lovecraft Event, 2 p.m., Aug. 11. The day pays homage to H.P. Lovecraft (1890-1937) – an American author of fantasy, sci-fi, horror, and the subgenre known as weird fiction. The day includes movies based on Lovecraft’s work, vendors with Lovecraft-themed goods, and a silent auction of Lovecraftian art and hand-crafted items. Lovecraft scholar Sean Elliott Martin will be on hand for a short presentation and to sign copies of his books, including “H.P. Lovecraft” and “Modernist Grotesque.” Purchase tickets at the door or at www.showclix.com/event/SummerofLovecraft.
• Keystone State Wrestling Alliance (KSWA) & Horror Realm team up for the Best of KSWA Screening Event, 6:30 p.m. Aug. 12. The evening features KSWA wrestling highlights, Q&A with stars of KSWA, screening of the George “The Animal” Steele panel from March’s Horror Realm, a 9 p.m. showing of “The Wrestler (1974),” and giveaways and prizes. Tickets are $5 at the door (no free passes). For more information, visit www.kswa.net and www.horrorrealmcon.com.
• “Easy Rider,” the 1969 movie starring Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda with Phil Spector and Jack Nicolson, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 14; 10 p.m. Aug. 16 and 17; and 7 p.m. Aug. 18.
• “Savannah,” 7:30 p.m. Aug. 8, as part of the Hollywood’s Previews Series, which offers a one-time showing of new movies before their New York and Los Angeles theatrical openings. “Savannah” is the true story of Ward Allen, who rejects his plantation heritage for a life on the river, and navigates the change of early 20th century America on the wrong side of the law with his loyal friend – a freed slave – at his side.
Sign up for the above movies at gathr.us/series/dormont-previews. A gathr membership costs $19/month or $49/three months. Tickets will also be available at the door for $7.