Support Groups – Aug. 28
Family Hospice offers the following free on-going support groups, and no registration is required:
• The Center for Compassionate Care, 50 Moffett St., Mt. Lebanon, 7-8:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month.
• Southminster House, 801 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon, 1-2:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month.
• Baldwin Community United Methodist Church, 5001 Baptist Rd., Whitehall, 7-8:30 p.m. the first Thursday of every month.
For more information call the Family Hospice Bereavement Department at 412-572-8829 or visit www.FamilyHospice.com.
Stroke and brain injury support
The Brain Recovery Crew stroke and brain injury and activities group meets 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Bethel Park Community Center. The meetings are free to attend and participants should bring their own lunch. Focus is on exercises, cognitive activities, resources and socialization.
For more information, contact Nicole Glass at 412-915-8193.
The Cancer Caring Center and UPMC will offer a Head and Neck Cancer support group at 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of every month. The group meets at UPMC Cancer Centers, Bethel Park.
To register, call 412-622-1212 or visit www.cancercaring.org.
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA offers a support group to folks with an opportunity to tell their story. Groups are free and confidential. Call 724-223-9190 in Washington County.
Support Groups – Aug. 28
- Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
- Any poster that insults,threatens or verbally abuses or another member,uses defamatory language,or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
- Users who violate the Terms of service or any commenting rules will be banned
- Please stay on topic."Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted
- To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of service
- To report breaches of the Terms of service use the report abuse button
There Are Comments.
District attorney dropping charges against South Fayette student (34)
Canon-Mac, South Fayette advance to Final Four in wrestling (23)
Lebo on an even keel in Section 4-AAAA boys’ basketball (20)
Mt. Lebanon rifle team future unclear (17)
‘Heaven Can Wait’ (16)
Mt. Lebanon assessments grossly unfair (3)
Lebo rifle space still in limbo (3)
USC residents get a lot for their tax dollars (3)
Charges on South Fayette bully victim to be dropped (1)
Air quality a concern (1)